Wikia

Community Central

Changes: Forum:URL wordwrap issue?

Edit

Back to page

m
Line 10: Line 10:

::Then you did not view the source, because the tags are there plain as day. -- [[User:LordTBT|<font color="Green">LordTBT</font>]] [[User talk:LordTBT|<sup><font color="Green" size="2">Talk!</font></sup>]] 00:13, February 14, 2012 (UTC)

::Then you did not view the source, because the tags are there plain as day. -- [[User:LordTBT|<font color="Green">LordTBT</font>]] [[User talk:LordTBT|<sup><font color="Green" size="2">Talk!</font></sup>]] 00:13, February 14, 2012 (UTC)

:::The URLs wrap for me too. You could also try using <code>&amp;#58;</code> (&#58;) instead of a colon in the URL. --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Who?">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 13 Feb 2012 4:31 PM Pacific
+
:::The URLs wrap for me too. You could also try using <code>&amp;#58;</code> (&#58;) instead of a colon in the URL. {{unsigned|Fandyllic}}
  +
  +
::::Or better yet, create the URL so there is no need for it to wrap like <nowiki>[http://external.site.com Link[]</nowiki> [[User:Rappy_4187|Rappy]] 05:09, February 17, 2012 (UTC)

Revision as of 05:09, February 17, 2012

Forums: Index Support Requests URL wordwrap issue?
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 944 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

If a URL is located on a page with nowiki appended to it, it seems not to be able to wrap the URL - see here and here for examples. -- LordTBT Talk! 00:30, January 29, 2012 (UTC)

I think i missed your point here, for me it shows to be wrapped (split and continueing on next line). But i do not see nowiki tags on both pages.
Then you did not view the source, because the tags are there plain as day. -- LordTBT Talk! 00:13, February 14, 2012 (UTC)
The URLs wrap for me too. You could also try using &#58; (:) instead of a colon in the URL. —This unsigned comment is by Fandyllic (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Or better yet, create the URL so there is no need for it to wrap like [http://external.site.com Link[] Rappy 05:09, February 17, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki