Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 15: Line 15:

:I don't think this is a particularly good award to have, since it would seem to promote vandalism/mischief/nuisance edits/unreadable histories, and give people a shiny badge to point to that would encourage others to do the same. [[User:ForestMonthZero|ForestMonthZero]] 11:22, January 9, 2012 (UTC)

:I don't think this is a particularly good award to have, since it would seem to promote vandalism/mischief/nuisance edits/unreadable histories, and give people a shiny badge to point to that would encourage others to do the same. [[User:ForestMonthZero|ForestMonthZero]] 11:22, January 9, 2012 (UTC)
  +
::Sigh. This is not a debate about the merit of it. If you think its silly that is fine, but this is not about that. You can go wrote a blog about that. This is about if it is working, not is it worth having. debates go elsewhere. [[User:Devilmanozzy|<span style="color:#a04010;background:#000010">&nbsp;Devilmanozzy</span>]][[User talk:Devilmanozzy|<span style="color:#10a040;background:#000010"> (Talk Page)&nbsp;</span>]] 12:10, January 9, 2012 (UTC)

Revision as of 12:10, 9 January 2012

Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions "Pounce!" Secret Achievement
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4484 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

This has been a issue for awhile at Ghostbusters Wiki, but I debate if anyone has gotten the Pounce Award. We are getting the Caffeinated award tho. I have went out of my way a few times trying to get it with no dice. Rules stated for Pounce award:

for making edits on 100 pages within an hour of the page's creation!

But I never seen it yet. Is this badge doable? Has anyone done it? Please post links if true to user page on wiki that did it.  Devilmanozzy (Talk Page)  09:23, January 8, 2012 (UTC)

It's definitely possibly, but just very hard. You have one hour on a new wiki to make 100 edits... pretty hard. Random? No. Admin on the Simpsons Wiki 10:30, January 8, 2012 (UTC)
pounce.png (128px version) Seems a bit of a waste trying to get something like this. Getting 100 edits in on a new page within 60 minutes post-creation seems like it would be a ton of nonconstructive edits. Not to mention that's going to be a lot of edit conflicts. And there is no secret achievements, all can be found here. Ryan PM
11:01, January 8, 2012 (UTC)
Ryan, that is what they call the three. Sure it may seem pointless but my question is have anyone actually got the badge. I don't think I've seen it at any wiki so far.  Devilmanozzy (Talk Page)  11:10, January 8, 2012 (UTC)
Doesn't seem to work at all on any wiki. Did 100 appends by AWB to a test article that was just created. The problem must either lie in the DB or here. Might be that someone forgot a hash or wrote something as plain text when it should have been ->. Otherwise, it might be time to file a bug report. Ryan PM
11:35, January 8, 2012 (UTC)
I just wrote them with a link to this thread and the issue. I think the simply forgot to turn it on. I tried to get this last summer and it didn't work then, but they were still fixing the Achievements feature believe it or not. I waited and actually forgot about it til the other night when a admin was like I didn't get it. Even if the Badge is viewed as silly, it should either work or be removed to get rid of confusion.  Devilmanozzy (Talk Page)  11:50, January 8, 2012 (UTC)
Randomno also tried at 100editsagain Wiki.  Devilmanozzy (Talk Page)  12:12, January 8, 2012 (UTC)
I don't think this is a particularly good award to have, since it would seem to promote vandalism/mischief/nuisance edits/unreadable histories, and give people a shiny badge to point to that would encourage others to do the same. ForestMonthZero 11:22, January 9, 2012 (UTC)
Sigh. This is not a debate about the merit of it. If you think its silly that is fine, but this is not about that. You can go wrote a blog about that. This is about if it is working, not is it worth having. debates go elsewhere.  Devilmanozzy (Talk Page)  12:10, January 9, 2012 (UTC)