Community Central
Register
Community Central
No edit summary
(forumheader)

(7 intermediate revisions by 5 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
  +
{{ForumArchiveBox}}
  +

{{Admin-Forumheader|General Questions}}

{{Admin-Forumheader|General Questions}}

Line 30: Line 32:

:::Yeah, me too. I recieved this one without realised that I had done so. I clicked over the badge, and someone else has earned it as well. [[User:Timeoin|Timeoin]]•[[User_Talk:Timeoin|Say G'Day]]•[[Special:Contributions/Timeoin|View my work]]•[[w:c:elderscrolls:Skyrim Task List|Skyrim To-Do List]] 00:06, January 21, 2012 (UTC)

:::Yeah, me too. I recieved this one without realised that I had done so. I clicked over the badge, and someone else has earned it as well. [[User:Timeoin|Timeoin]]•[[User_Talk:Timeoin|Say G'Day]]•[[Special:Contributions/Timeoin|View my work]]•[[w:c:elderscrolls:Skyrim Task List|Skyrim To-Do List]] 00:06, January 21, 2012 (UTC)

::::That's great to hear. It's such a cute little badge. ;) --[[User:Meighan|Meighan]] http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb32675/wikia/images/e/e9/WikiaStaff.png <small>([[w:c:community:Forum:Community_Central_Forum|help forum]] | [[w:c:community:Blog:Wikia_Staff_Blog |blog]])</small> 00:44, January 21, 2012 (UTC)

::::That's great to hear. It's such a cute little badge. ;) --[[User:Meighan|Meighan]] http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb32675/wikia/images/e/e9/WikiaStaff.png <small>([[w:c:community:Forum:Community_Central_Forum|help forum]] | [[w:c:community:Blog:Wikia_Staff_Blog |blog]])</small> 00:44, January 21, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
I have the badge. It isn't impossible, nor hard. Just takes awhile and I got it mainly from cleaning up new pages. [[User:Jhonevans|Jhonevan&#39;s signature.]] 07:41, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
  +
== Reviving topic ==
  +
  +
One thing we never clarified when dealing with the bug was whether it was a one-time-only badge, or something you could perpetually win, as long as you again met the requirements. I don't know which it's ''meant'' to be, but it appears to be a one-time-only thing. I think it would be better for wiki involvement if it were winnable '''each time''' you edit 100 different new pages. Surely we want users to get in the habit of improving brand new pages '''and to stay in that habit'''. {{user:CzechOut/Sig}}&nbsp;<span style="{{User:CzechOut/TimeFormat}}">14:12: Tue&nbsp;03 Apr 2012&nbsp;</span>
  +
::It's a one time thing is my understanding from reading the code. If someone can prove me wrong and show me where they got it twice, then that's obviously correct, but I'm pretty darn sure this is the case. --[[User:daNASCAT|daNASCAT]] http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb32675/wikia/images/e/e9/WikiaStaff.png <small>([[w:c:community:Forum:Community_Central_Forum|help forum]] | [[w:c:community:Blog:Wikia_Staff_Blog |blog]])</small> 17:45, April 9, 2012 (UTC)
  +
:::Okay, now that we have that confirmed, the question would be, can we change that? I think it'd encourage people to scrutinise new articles if they knew this particular award were "re-winnable". {{user:CzechOut/Sig}}&nbsp;<span style="{{User:CzechOut/TimeFormat}}">18:29: Mon&nbsp;09 Apr 2012&nbsp;</span>
  +
::::It seems to be a one time badge which I think is fine. [[User:Devilmanozzy|<span style="color:#77ff10">&nbsp;Devilmanozzy</span>]][[User talk:Devilmanozzy|<span style="color:#ff2009"> (Talk Page)&nbsp;</span>]] 18:33, April 9, 2012 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 09:22, 7 March 2013

This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions "Pounce!" Secret Achievement
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4031 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

This has been a issue for awhile at Ghostbusters Wiki, but I debate if anyone has gotten the Pounce Award. We are getting the Caffeinated award tho. I have went out of my way a few times trying to get it with no dice. Rules stated for Pounce award:

for making edits on 100 pages within an hour of the page's creation!

But I never seen it yet. Is this badge doable? Has anyone done it? Please post links if true to user page on wiki that did it.  Devilmanozzy (Talk Page)  09:23, January 8, 2012 (UTC)

It's definitely possibly, but just very hard. You have one hour on a new wiki to make 100 edits... pretty hard. Random? No. Admin on the Simpsons Wiki 10:30, January 8, 2012 (UTC)
pounce.png (128px version) Seems a bit of a waste trying to get something like this. Getting 100 edits in on a new page within 60 minutes post-creation seems like it would be a ton of nonconstructive edits. Not to mention that's going to be a lot of edit conflicts. And there is no secret achievements, all can be found here. Ryan PM
11:01, January 8, 2012 (UTC)
Ryan, that is what they call the three. Sure it may seem pointless but my question is have anyone actually got the badge. I don't think I've seen it at any wiki so far.  Devilmanozzy (Talk Page)  11:10, January 8, 2012 (UTC)
Doesn't seem to work at all on any wiki. Did 100 appends by AWB to a test article that was just created. The problem must either lie in the DB or here. Might be that someone forgot a hash or wrote something as plain text when it should have been ->. Otherwise, it might be time to file a bug report. Ryan PM
11:35, January 8, 2012 (UTC)
I just wrote them with a link to this thread and the issue. I think the simply forgot to turn it on. I tried to get this last summer and it didn't work then, but they were still fixing the Achievements feature believe it or not. I waited and actually forgot about it til the other night when a admin was like I didn't get it. Even if the Badge is viewed as silly, it should either work or be removed to get rid of confusion.  Devilmanozzy (Talk Page)  11:50, January 8, 2012 (UTC)
Randomno also tried at 100editsagain Wiki.  Devilmanozzy (Talk Page)  12:12, January 8, 2012 (UTC)
I don't think this is a particularly good award to have, since it would seem to promote vandalism/mischief/nuisance edits/unreadable histories, and give people a shiny badge to point to that would encourage others to do the same. ForestMonthZero 11:22, January 9, 2012 (UTC)
Sigh. This is not a debate about the merit of it. If you think its silly that is fine, but this is not about that. You can go wrote a blog about that. This is about if it is working, not is it worth having. debates go elsewhere.  Devilmanozzy (Talk Page)  12:10, January 9, 2012 (UTC)
I am removing staff needed. Devilman — I have the ticket and am looking into this achievement. I'll also post my answer to you back here as well...so others see it. Also, yes let's keep this thread positive and on topic — no need to bash an achievement...if you don't like or agree with it no big deal. ;) --Meighan WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 17:34, January 9, 2012 (UTC)
I am going to file an inquiry into what is happening with this achievement. In the meantime if you have other exact examples please feel free to leave here so I may add to the ticket. I'll keep you posted! --Meighan WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 19:31, January 9, 2012 (UTC)
http://devilmanozzy.wikia.com/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&limit=215  Devilmanozzy (Talk Page)  03:35, January 10, 2012 (UTC)
Hi guys, this was a bug & TOR has fixed it. It will go out with next week's code push. From the lips of the machine, himself:
"There was an error in badge awarding, which caused the counters to increment correctly but prevented the badge from being awarded.
I've fixed this in a way that should award the missing badges to all people that qualify on their next qualifying edit.
A qualifying edit is an edit made to an existing page that is made within 1 hour of its creation. In order to gain the badge a user must make 100 such edits to 100 unique pages (2 or more edits made to one page within 1h of its creation still count as one toward this badge)."
That should explain it! Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for bringing this to our attention. Have fun getting pounced! :) --Meighan WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 18:55, January 12, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for addressing this. I'll pass it along to my fellow Admin that asked about this. Who know, he may have a badge very soon.  Devilmanozzy (Talk Page)  04:03, January 14, 2012 (UTC)
I can confirm that this is now working — well, for me, anyway. I got mine after making my one new qualifying edit. I assume that means it is otherwise working, but since I long ago qualified for this badge, all I needed to do was make one more edit. Since I'm the only one on my wiki to have this badge at the moment, I assume it's successfully discriminating against other people who haven't done their 100 edits yet. czechout    fly tardis  01:48: Thu 19 Jan 2012 
Yeah, me too. I recieved this one without realised that I had done so. I clicked over the badge, and someone else has earned it as well. TimeoinSay G'DayView my workSkyrim To-Do List 00:06, January 21, 2012 (UTC)
That's great to hear. It's such a cute little badge. ;) --Meighan WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 00:44, January 21, 2012 (UTC)

I have the badge. It isn't impossible, nor hard. Just takes awhile and I got it mainly from cleaning up new pages. Jhonevan's signature. 07:41, January 22, 2012 (UTC)

Reviving topic

One thing we never clarified when dealing with the bug was whether it was a one-time-only badge, or something you could perpetually win, as long as you again met the requirements. I don't know which it's meant to be, but it appears to be a one-time-only thing. I think it would be better for wiki involvement if it were winnable each time you edit 100 different new pages. Surely we want users to get in the habit of improving brand new pages and to stay in that habit. czechout    fly tardis  14:12: Tue 03 Apr 2012 

It's a one time thing is my understanding from reading the code. If someone can prove me wrong and show me where they got it twice, then that's obviously correct, but I'm pretty darn sure this is the case. --daNASCAT WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 17:45, April 9, 2012 (UTC)
Okay, now that we have that confirmed, the question would be, can we change that? I think it'd encourage people to scrutinise new articles if they knew this particular award were "re-winnable". czechout    fly tardis  18:29: Mon 09 Apr 2012 
It seems to be a one time badge which I think is fine.  Devilmanozzy (Talk Page)  18:33, April 9, 2012 (UTC)