Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions A few monobook questions
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4319 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I've got a few MonoBook questions that I would like to ask:

Monobook question

1. Major Tools

Here at Central, I've noticed using the MonoBook version the few links just above the main article (circled in the image) has a green border with border radius and also turns green during hover. What CSS are used for that, I can't find anything similar to that in MediaWiki:Monobook.css.

2. Background Linear

Why does Community Central using the Monobook version see a from dark blue fading to light blue background? Is it possible to put it on Isle of Tune Wiki? If so, then how?

The styles are in Monobook.css, you just have to know what to look for. Here are the styles that do what you're talking about, in no particular order:
#p-cactions li {
background-color: #FFFFFF;
border-color: #88c440;
border-width: 2px 2px 0;
-moz-border-radius: 10px 10px 0 0;
-webkit-border-radius: 10px 10px 0 0;
-o-border-radius: 10px 10px 0 0;
-khtml-border-radius: 10px 10px 0 0;
border-radius: 10px 10px 0 0;
}

#p-cactions li a {
background-color: #FFFFFF;
color: #000000;
-moz-border-radius: 10px 10px 0 0;
-webkit-border-radius: 10px 10px 0 0;
-o-border-radius: 10px 10px 0 0;
-khtml-border-radius: 10px 10px 0 0;
border-radius: 10px 10px 0 0;
}

#p-cactions li a:hover {
background-color: transparent;
color: #88c440;
text-decoration: underline;
}
In the regard of the background, Wikia actually uses a 1px x 1200px image for the gradient and just repeats it all the way across the page. That's quite an inefficient way of doing things. I'd suggest just using a CSS gradient to do it. I'm not going to explain them here because they're a bit complicated, but there's a good article over here that explains them. — Matthew2602 (talk) 09:16, June 22, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks, but how do I actually select the outside part? Also, is it possible to make it fixed?