Community Central
Register
Community Central
This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions Admin is abusing his powers
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4022 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I'm having a serious issue over at Supernatural.wikia.com. One of the Admins there ImperiexSeed is out of control and abusing his powers. Just recently, he blocked me for no legitimate reason whatsover. Basically, he and I have been having some issues with each other. I don't know what his problem is, but he seems to be under the impression that I'm "conspiring" against him. I don't know if he's serious or is just trolling. Anyway, he didn't give any reason for blocking me. I really need help with this. It's getting out of hand and everything's spiraling out of control. Thank you. -- MisterRandom2 01:13, June 28, 2012 (UTC)

Are you the only user who has issues with this admin? If so, I'm afraid there's not much you can do. You could email staff using Special:Contact, but they will uphold the local admin's decision. The only scenario in which staff will intervene or overturn the local admin's decision is if 1) there is community consensus against the admin's block/decisions, or if 2) the admin is blatantly violating the Terms of Use, which is unlikely.
So in short: if you're the only person having a disagreement with the admin, then staff most likely won't side with you. Your only effective options in that scenario are to 1) politely ask an admin of the Supernatural Wiki to unblock you or 2) walk away from the wiki and find someplace else to edit. It may be unfortunate, but that's life. 20px_Rin_Tohsaka_Avatar.png Mathmagician ƒ(♫) 01:39 UTC, Thu, 28 June 2012
Well, I don't know what the other people are thinking. But at least one guy was agreeing with me over there. And it's pretty clear he's abusing his powers and harassing me. It's blatant. He's taunting me, threatening me, and trying to provoke an argument where none exists. Anyone who looks at the conversations on the chat and my talk page over there will see what I mean. -- MisterRandom2 01:58, June 28, 2012 (UTC)
Speaking from personal experience (you can read about it at Forum:Stop rampaging admin or email me using Special:Emailuser/Mathmagician if you want to know more), it's extremely difficult to get rid of an admin/bureaucrat who is abusing powers -- even if there's blatant evidence of it. I really don't advise you to go that route because it's very unlikely to work. You should first consider if it's possible to make up with the person who blocked you and see if they (or another admin of that wiki) will unblock you. 20px_Rin_Tohsaka_Avatar.png Mathmagician ƒ(♫) 02:40 UTC, Thu, 28 June 2012
To be honest, I think I may just have to walk away from this one if no one intervenes. It's not worth my sanity dealing with this SOB. But thanks for the advice. I appreciate any help I can get right now. -- MisterRandom2 02:44, June 28, 2012 (UTC)
It's unfortunate to just give up, but sometimes that may be the best decision. I'm sorry if it comes to that, because I can see that you've put a lot of effort into that wiki. Sometimes you're just on the wrong end of the banhammer and there's nothing you can do about it. That's one of the major problems with how Wikia is run -- only Staff can intervene, and they're just too unwilling to do so. They don't see the value of an individual editor. All they care about is "the community", which is another way of saying "the admins know what they're doing, that's good enough for us" 20px_Rin_Tohsaka_Avatar.png Mathmagician ƒ(♫) 02:59 UTC, Thu, 28 June 2012
If the admin is threatening you then he might be violating our terms of use; so it is worth asking us to check it out via Special:Contact; it certainly does not hurt to try. But if we determine that he has not crossed that line, we do generally advise that you find another wiki (or start your own) where you can agree with the admins/users and get back to having fun. -- Wendy (talk) 03:05, June 28, 2012 (UTC)
I sent a message already. And yeah, he has been threatening me. He said in the chat, and I quote "Watch your back" and like five minutes later, I got blocked for no reason (other than the fact that he sees me as some kind of rival or enemy). And before that he and another user were basically spamming a page I had created with taunting messages. Really childish things. Anyway, I'd appreciate any help, but I'll abide by whatever you guys decide. Thanks. -- MisterRandom2 03:11, June 28, 2012 (UTC)