Wikia

Community Central

Admin Forum:Anyone locally styling wikiamobile skin?

Talk0
94,652pages on
this wiki

This Forum has been archived

Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help Anyone locally styling wikiamobile skin?
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 618 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

There are a few things I'd rather not have showing up in wikiamobile. A few templates just don't make sense if they're stripped of their graphical and stylistic elements. I'd like to make them just disappear in wikiamobile, as they only add vertical height to the mobile page without imparting a whole lot of useful content to the mobile user.

So has anyone styled the skin on their local wiki? Is it even possible? Or allowed by the TOU? Is it even at MediaWiki:wikiamobile.css? Anyone had any luck/experience with mobile CSS at all? czechout@Wikia    fly tardis  <span style="">00:48: Tue 22 May 2012 

I've attempted customizing the mobile skin on one of my wikis via MediaWiki:Wikiamobile.css, but the changes weren't displayed. I'm assuming I either used the wrong page or the skin isn't customizable, but I'm not entirely sure. Tagging {{Staff needed}}. --Dser (wall | email) 01:07, 5/22/2012
At this time, the current mobile implementation does not have customization capabilities built-in. The reasoning behind this at this time is that A) Very few wikis were customizing the mobile skin so it seemed extraneous at this time to build in all the extra hooks to handle customizations and B) Since we're building an entirely new skin from scratch, we really need to focus on getting the functionality, display, and other skin elements "in a row" so to speak before considering how we should and could let users tweak different things. --daNASCAT @Wikia 15:55, May 22, 2012 (UTC)
User:Airhogs777 has a workaround. Read his blog here!    ǝsʞpɐןǝ  (message wall)  16:13, 22/05/2012

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki