Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
mNo edit summary
Line 9: Line 9:

:Wouldn't the simplest solution just be to throw a delete tag in a reply? Just put <nowiki>{{Delete|above comment is x}}</nowiki>. The same is done with blog comments.--{{User:Godisme/Sig2|19:51,7/31/2011}}

:Wouldn't the simplest solution just be to throw a delete tag in a reply? Just put <nowiki>{{Delete|above comment is x}}</nowiki>. The same is done with blog comments.--{{User:Godisme/Sig2|19:51,7/31/2011}}
  +
  +
::Then when an admin deletes the original comment, the reply will go to if I'm correct. --[[User:BobNewbie|<span style="color:red; text-shadow: green 0 4px 4px;">'''BobNewbie'''</span>]] [[User talk:BobNewbie|<span style="color: red ; text-shadow: green 0 4px 4px;"><sup>∞(Talk)∞</sup></span>]] 19:52, July 31, 2011 (UTC)

Revision as of 19:52, 31 July 2011

Forums: Admin Forum Article comments need to be taggable by non-admins
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4646 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

At first I hated the comment system. You couldn't link to them, there were lots of problems with some comments not displaying, navigating through lots of comments was painful, etc. As with most things, Wikia has slowly improved the system so that I don't hate it as much. I'm more neutral. It still has problems, but is much better for users who don't want to learn wikitext (which is sad, but it is common).

What I would still really like to see is a way for non-admins to tag comments for deletion. Comments are a great way for spammers to get stuff on your wiki that lives on until an admin notices it and deletes it. Is there something else that can be done? -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 31 Jul 2011 12:31 PM Pacific

Wouldn't the simplest solution just be to throw a delete tag in a reply? Just put {{Delete|above comment is x}}. The same is done with blog comments.--GodPray  19:51,7/31/2011 
Then when an admin deletes the original comment, the reply will go to if I'm correct. --BobNewbie ∞(Talk)∞ 19:52, July 31, 2011 (UTC)