Wikia

Community Central

Admin Forum:Attaching a link to a URL image, and implementing the page on another wiki as a template

Talk0
97,255pages on
this wiki

This Forum has been archived

Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help Attaching a link to a URL image, and implementing the page on another wiki as a template
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 654 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hello there, I'd like to ask about a few things. First: Is there a way to attach a link to my image? (I used a full URL to display the image in order to not need to upload it to a different wiki each time I use it) As you can see here, I've tried to make it work, but it doesn't seem to work. If possible, is there a way I can also make the link automatically change to fit the wiki it's on? (For example, if I were to put it on the diablo wiki, the link would become www.diablo.wikia.com/Message_Wall:Demise101) I have tried a href, but that doesn't work on Wikia. For the last part, I think that there should be some kind of substitute, something like WIKINAME(?)

Second, how can I implement the actual page to another wiki? Here I attempted to add it, but it seems to have not been able to fetch.

Thanks, ~ Demise101 ♥ Lets Talk! ♥ Blogs! ~

Use this for the link
[[File:Image Name.Image Type|link={{SERVER}}/Message_Wall:Demise101]]
Although I don't know about the template.
 Rocketslime_1_1  Talk  Wall  Contribs  14:16,4/8/2012 
Pages cannot be trancluded between wikis, as it puts strain on the servers. As for your image linking problem, Rocketslime has given you the correct link format, but has given you the format for an internal image. I don't think external images can be linked. Just use the format you are using, but replace your URL with {{SERVER}}/Message_Wall:Demise101.    ǝsʞpɐןǝ  (message wall)  14:55, 8/04/2012
Actually, you can transclude pages from this wiki only, using this format: {{w:c:PageName}}. However, if they let people do this from alll wikis, someone would make a wiki and load a nasty virus onto it, and transclude it to this wiki. Iggyvolz 15:24, April 8, 2012 (UTC)

Wait, will that mean that I will have to copy-paste the code for each instance, as well as upload the image on each wiki? ~ Demise101 ♥ Lets Talk! ♥ Blogs! ~

Try using something like [[File:file name.file type|200px|link={{ns:3}}:Demie101]] Sam Wang 11:52, April 9, 2012 (UTC)

erm....Thanks, it works well, but is it possible to use a url image? (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120407104947/defenseoftheancients/images/4/4d/Demise101_Crystal_Maiden_Sig.png, that is) The Ribbon is going to be used on many wikis, after all. Sorry for troubling you. ~ Demise101 ♥ Lets Talk! ♥ Blogs! ~

I believe if you upload it to Flickr and license it as "Public Domain", you can put it on many wikis without uploading it. Iggyvolz 12:54, April 9, 2012 (UTC)
See if this works:
[{{fullurl:{{ns:3}}:Demise101}} http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120407104947/defenseoftheancients/images/4/4d/Demise101_Crystal_Maiden_Sig.png]
Sam Wang 05:03, April 10, 2012 (UTC)

Alrigth! That worked, thanks everyone! ~ Demise101 ♥ Lets Talk! ♥ Blogs! ~

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki