Community Central
Register
Community Central
This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions Blocking user groups
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4025 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

HI there. I'm thinking about making my first wiki to help with organizing the information I have based on a fictional world and was wondering if it was possible to block all users, except admin, so that the wiki is effectively private. If so how do I do it? Patriot398 00:26, July 5, 2012 (UTC)

I think that is against Wikia's ToU to do that. However, if it's your own test wiki, or something like that, you might be able to request that through Special:Contact -- Sam Wang (talk) 02:20, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
I don't see anything in the terms that say that I can't... unless my eyes skipped over something. Thank you for the special:contact. Patriot398 02:25, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
Public editing. Edit

Wikis are about working together, and all Wikia projects are open to the public to edit. There is no option to restrict editing to the founder or to a particular group.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s145/urbancowgurl777/UltimateSupreme2212-3.png(T@lk) 03:36, July 5, 2012 (UTC)