Community Central

Admin Forum:Can I correct my wikia name OR at least save the URL?

114,846pages on
this wiki

This Forum has been archived

Forums: Admin Central Index Getting Started Can I correct my wikia name OR at least save the URL?
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 994 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I have the URL I want, but there is a typo in the title I gave it. It should read "h+ Enterprise" but instead it reads "h+ Enerprise," missing the "t." I see no way to alter the title. Does anyone know if it is possible, and if so, how to do it? I am willing to start over if necessary, but I do not want to lose the URL. Is there any way to salvage the URL as its creator? Thank you for your assistance! Ben Hyink

contact Wikia, and they can hopefully sort it out for you -- RandomTime 00:31, July 30, 2011 (UTC)

Actually it is something you can do.

--Sxerks 04:05, July 30, 2011 (UTC)
Close - moving the main page doesn't change the name of the wiki. Your wiki's name is stored in the global variable wgSiteName, which can't be modified with a MediaWiki message. It can, however, be modified by staff if you request it via Special:Contact.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  04:12,7/30/2011 
Actually, renaming the main page itself automatically changes MediaWiki:Mainpage (I think).
ROADS! Roads! (Don't forget it!) 19:04, August 31, 2011 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki