I'm the proud new owner of my own little bot account. A few hours ago I started my bot and ever since then it's been plodding along nicely. So far so good. There's one little snag though: I get an email notification about every little edit my bot makes. As if I didn't know. I wrote the damn thing! I'm monitoring its logs in one browser window and Special:WikiActivity in another! Those mails just clutter up my inbox!
So what now? I currently have email notifications turned off entirely. That's not exactly a great solution. But there's no checkbox in Special:Preferences that says: Do not notify me about bot edits. Or is there a hidden setting somewhere? -- Pecoes 22:38, February 28, 2012 (UTC)
- That seems a bug. Bot-flagged edits shouldn't trigger email notifications, that's why are they marked as bot. You should send that to Special:Contact --Category:Ciencia Al Poder (talk) -WikiDex 23:37, February 28, 2012 (UTC)
- There's an option in the RSS category: "Hide bot edits from my feed". I just checked that one and it seems to have stopped the emails too.
- It's too late today, but I'll run another test tomorrow and report back! -- Pecoes 00:33, February 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Nope. That didn't stop the emails either. Why a few of them didn't get through - I don't know. Maybe it was because Wikia staff just rolled out new email settings? Things are back to "normal" now. I'm notified about bot edits just like I would be notified about edits by regular users. -- Pecoes 10:00, February 29, 2012 (UTC)
- I did not get a reply from Wikia staff, so I don't know whom to thank, but the issue seems to have been fixed. Thanks Wikia! :) -- Pecoes 13:53, March 2, 2012 (UTC)