Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I'm the proud new owner of my own little bot account. A few hours ago I started my bot and ever since then it's been plodding along nicely. So far so good. There's one little snag though: I get an email notification about every little edit my bot makes. As if I didn't know. I wrote the damn thing! I'm monitoring its logs in one browser window and Special:WikiActivity in another! Those mails just clutter up my inbox!
So what now? I currently have email notifications turned off entirely. That's not exactly a great solution. But there's no checkbox in Special:Preferences that says: Do not notify me about bot edits. Or is there a hidden setting somewhere? -- Pecoes 22:38, February 28, 2012 (UTC)
- That seems a bug. Bot-flagged edits shouldn't trigger email notifications, that's why are they marked as bot. You should send that to Special:Contact --Category:Ciencia Al Poder (talk) -WikiDex 23:37, February 28, 2012 (UTC)
- There's an option in the RSS category: "Hide bot edits from my feed". I just checked that one and it seems to have stopped the emails too.
- It's too late today, but I'll run another test tomorrow and report back! -- Pecoes 00:33, February 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Nope. That didn't stop the emails either. Why a few of them didn't get through - I don't know. Maybe it was because Wikia staff just rolled out new email settings? Things are back to "normal" now. I'm notified about bot edits just like I would be notified about edits by regular users. -- Pecoes 10:00, February 29, 2012 (UTC)
- I did not get a reply from Wikia staff, so I don't know whom to thank, but the issue seems to have been fixed. Thanks Wikia! :) -- Pecoes 13:53, March 2, 2012 (UTC)