Community Central
Community Central
This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help Can not read FAQ category items. JS or CSS to fix?
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4059 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

See Category:FAQs, and this screenshot (which shows how I see it).

I can not read the FAQ category items. Is there some way to change this back to a normal list format? OK, now I see some unlabeled icons to change back to list format. They should be labeled on the page and not just with mouseover tips.

Is there JS or CSS to fix the exhibition view to make the titles in the blue boxes visible? More space in the blue box. The problem is with exhibition view only. See this screenshot of what is looks like with a minimum font size of 14 in Firefox:

• File:Category view problem.jpg

I use a larger font size, and I can only read a few words for each item in exhibition view. See:

I don't think exhibition view should be the default setting. A list format (as is normal in most MediaWiki installations) allows one to read the full name of each item. Also many more items are listed per category page in a list format. ---Timeshifter (talk) 05:42, March 13, 2012 (UTC)

I agree that list format for categories is more useful, but it's not up to us. That decision rests with the Community Central admins (or possibly Wikia staff). From their point of view, it's not worthwhile to cater to every possible permutation of viewers who break the appearance of the site for themselves with bad browser settings. My advice to you would be to use the regular page zoom instead of a minimum font setting, that way you will encounter less overlap issues. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 20:04, March 16, 2012 (UTC)