Community Central
Community Central
This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help Centralised location where Wikia devs list changes to CSS selector names
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4052 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Is there a place we can go to find a list of CSS selector names that have been changed? Overnight, Wikia have come through and changed a lot of selector names, the result of which is a pretty significant diminution of my wiki's design. That would be a heck of a lot easier to swallow if there were a simple list somewhere — a change log, I suppose — of all the selectors, so that I don't have to play hide and seek with Firebug. czechout    fly tardis 03:32: Thu 29 Nov 2012

http://trac.wikia-code.com/browser/wikia/trunk/ There be version histories.--PedroM 16:59, November 29, 2012 (UTC)
No, SVN is obsolete. Wikia switched to GitHub.TK-999 (talk) 20:26, November 29, 2012 (UTC)
Digging around Wikia's codebase in Git is manageable, but still a bit difficult unless you're familiar with it. For example, the recent change where the WikiHeaderRestyle class was removed can be found here. There's a lot of different file types in the codebase. In this case, if you're looking for a change to a selector you use for writing CSS, that's going to be a change to the HTML structure of the site (the HTML is generated by PHP server-side - so as a starting point, you may at least assume you're looking for a .php file). But to clarify, no, I don't think there is such a simplistic changelog, and digging through Wikia's codebase isn't necessarily any easier than looking for changes in Firebug. 20px_Rin_Tohsaka_Avatar.png Mathmagician ƒ(♫) 00:10 UTC, Saturday, 1 December 2012
Fair enough. Thanks for the info. I don't mind name changes in and of themselves. I understand the imperative to occasionally clean up the code. I just hate havin to spend time poking at the code with the Firebug stick. :) czechout    fly tardis 00:05: Mon 03 Dec 2012