Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions Changing admin username color?
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4092 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I have seen in many wikis that admins' usernames have a special color. I found a thread about it, in this wiki, but it's inactive and it doesn't say, where to do it. So, will someone tell me, how to do it and where to do it? Avatarbender 12:33, August 7, 2012 (UTC)

In your wiki's MediaWiki:Common.css put
a[href="/wiki/User:USERNAME"]  { color:COLOUR NAME !important; font-weight: bold !important; }

--http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s145/urbancowgurl777/UltimateSupreme2212-3.png(Talk to me) 12:51, August 7, 2012 (UTC)

MediaWiki:Common.css does not affect the oasis skin. Therefore, I would also recommend adding a code like this to your wiki's MediaWiki:Wikia.css file:
@import "http://YOURWIKISUBDOMAIN.wikia.com/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Common.css&action=raw&ctype=text/css";
--Dser (wall | email) 01:14, 8/10/2012

Message wall username color

Since we have message walls now which don't use the "wiki/User:USERNAME" but "/wiki/Message_Wall:USERNAME" I have a question.

I use more than one username color change with such a code:

a[href|="/wiki/User:USERNAME1"],
a[href|="/wiki/User:USERNAME2"] {
color: COLOR_CODE/NAME !important;
}

Why such a code won't work and what to do to make it work and display usernames in color message walls as well:

a[href|="/wiki/User:USERNAME1"],
a[href|="/wiki/Message_Wall:USERNAME1"],
a[href|="/wiki/User:USERNAME2"],
a[href|="/wiki/Message_Wall:USERNAME2"], {
color: COLOR_CODE/NAME !important;
}

Peace, Ͽ †yræl pl Ͼ 07:13, February 3, 2013 (UTC)

Go to MediaWiki:Wikia.css Batreeqah
I'm not sure why you have pipes between href and = but it should work if you take them out. Like this
a[href="/wiki/User:USERNAME1"],
a[href="/wiki/User:USERNAME2"] {
color: COLOR_CODE !important;
}

NconspicuousTALK 00:36, February 4, 2013 (UTC)

Thanks for both the answers. However, neither of the helped me. The pipes were there since the wikia i used as an an example to see how to implement this also did use - i also have no idea why anyone would put the there. Anyone has some more ideas on how to color usernames on message wall(s)?
Peace, Ͽ †yræl pl Ͼ 02:04, February 4, 2013 (UTC)
Wait, I think you're using the wrong code altogether. You want the names on the message wall itself to be colored? Also, what wiki did you get the code from?

NconspicuousTALK 03:24, February 4, 2013 (UTC)