Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Over at the DW Answers Wiki (http://drwho.answers.wikia.com) we use the word TARDIS a lot. People like to ask questions about the TARDIS or such and they can't because it contains "TARD" presumably as a way to prevent people from using the phrase TARD meaning retarded but in our case it does much more harm than good == An Alex Cross Joint 23:16, January 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Turns out we don't have a bad words filter. I decided to try it myself something I've never actually done. What happens is you get redirected to another page [Why_was_my_question_redirected_here] == An Alex Cross Joint 23:36, January 24, 2012 (UTC)
[after edit conflict, in response to user:Dser:]
- That can't be the solution, though. The badwords list matches things exactly. The word tard is on this wiki's badwords list, but obviously he used the word TARDIS in his original post, and I have it in my signature in lower case. And tardis is a shortcut throughout all wikia, as in tardis:Doctor Who. So if TARDIS is being blocked at his wiki, there's some other cause. I also note that w:c:drwho.answers:MediaWiki:badwords has been blanked, which is probably not desirable. <span style="
- Actually, I don't think the badwords thing works with anything. See: tard. Let me try that in the middle of a sentence -- tard tard tard -- nope, nothin. <span style="
- Indeed to be clear my title is now moot. The problem has nothing to do with the clean language filter. That is completely empty and for the moment i'm not worried about that we rarely get foul language. I may edit it later but for not the problem is that any entering of the word TARD into the ask section gets your question redirected "For Spamming". An odd condition == An Alex Cross Joint 23:50, January 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, I'm starting to get it. This is a legacy boneheaded change by user:BroadcastCorp, our old fan. He's done something non-standard to the wiki. Let me see if I can figure it out for you. <span style="
- This is definitely a problem specific to your wiki. Completely able to use the word TARDIS at w:c:star-trek.answers. <span style="
- Thank you. I wasn't sure where to ask and I apologize if this was the wrong area. Thanks for directing me. == An Alex Cross Joint 00:10, January 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Okay, but that doesn't explain why there was no block on the word at star-trek.answers. <span style="