Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 7: Line 7:

:Did you save teh datebase dump as a XML file? You can have with the lastest edit or with the entire history of it. I'm not sure if the Staff can help you with importing from one wiki to another. Which one are you cloning? [[User:Kittynator|Kittynator]] 15:15, March 16, 2012 (UTC)

:Did you save teh datebase dump as a XML file? You can have with the lastest edit or with the entire history of it. I'm not sure if the Staff can help you with importing from one wiki to another. Which one are you cloning? [[User:Kittynator|Kittynator]] 15:15, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
::[[w:c:answers|This one, hopefully]]. I have some ideas for it that might be too disruptive to test first on the main site. The XML file is extremely large (over 1 GB). [[User:I am not me|I am not me]] 16:17, March 16, 2012 (UTC)

Revision as of 16:17, 16 March 2012

Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help Cloning a wiki
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4417 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Is there a special strategy to import the content of a large wiki to another one using Special:Import, or will this require Staff assistance? The database dump seems to be too large to import. I am not me 13:37, March 16, 2012 (UTC)

Did you save teh datebase dump as a XML file? You can have with the lastest edit or with the entire history of it. I'm not sure if the Staff can help you with importing from one wiki to another. Which one are you cloning? Kittynator 15:15, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
This one, hopefully. I have some ideas for it that might be too disruptive to test first on the main site. The XML file is extremely large (over 1 GB). I am not me 16:17, March 16, 2012 (UTC)