Wikia

Community Central

Admin Forum:Compatibility of Sizzle with Mediawiki

Talk0
97,149pages on
this wiki

This Forum has been archived

Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help Compatibility of Sizzle with Mediawiki
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 644 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I've been installing some free jQuery scripts on my sandbox wiki, to make this template working. And I noticed that it requires preloading Sizzle CSS selector engine, so I did do, then I got my template to work, but in same time, I got the text editor stuck on loading phase. Whatever I try to edit, I cannot even click on the dropdown menu button(edit, history, protect..).

This Sizzle script seems to have some trouble with the MediaWiki engine...(?) I'm wondering if anyone has been involved in installation of Sizzle on a MediaWiki-based site.

I already sent a mail to Staff asking solution but I want to know more about it before talking with them. So, any advise/suggestion or anything you know about this Sizzle would be welcome. Thank you.  Cafeinlove msg 2012/6/20, 05:30 (UTC)

Unless you've changed something since you posted, editing seems to be working for me on that template page.    ǝsʞpɐןǝ  (message wall)  08:17, 20/06/2012
Oh, I'm a bit confused, now it's fine. It was a combined version of compressed Sizzle 0.9.3 and jQuery ui 1.3.2 that I initially installed, but right after, I tried removing jQuery part and upgrading it to the latest version. But it didn't seem to change anything: maybe I had my browser cache or something.. that I still can't figure out. I'll rewrite if I get an another issue about it, sorry.  Cafeinlove msg 2012/6/20, 08:40 (UTC)
The template stopped working, maybe I shoudln't remove the jQuery ui part. But the current MediaWiki 1.16 itself contains jQuery 1.3.2 in it, doesn't it? I don't get why I need to reinstall it.  Cafeinlove msg 2012/6/20, 08:56 (UTC)

I reverted back the jQuery source, and it's making problem now. I'll keep it like it is, so please take a look at it.  Cafeinlove msg 2012/6/20, 09:16 (UTC)

That scrollpane is now working for me, but I am now encountering the same issues you are. The console is full of errors. My limited JS knowledge means I have no clue how to make it work. Maybe someone else will have better luck.    ǝsʞpɐןǝ  (message wall)  09:25, 20/06/2012
Per Grunny who I contacted, the jQuery 1.3.2 ui made a conflict with jQuery 1.7.2 already installed in Wikia. So I removed the old one, and got the latest revision of jScrollPane. Now the template works fine :) Thank you Eladkse for your feedback!  Cafeinlove msg 2012/6/21, 22:41 (UTC+9)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki