Community Central
Register
Community Central
This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions Creating categories and sub-categories
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4023 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

In the admin help I looked for a way to add categories to the main bar, but I couldn't make anything out of it. I want to add a characters category and a stories category, how do I do that, at the mment it only says on the wiki, wiki content and community.

That area you're talking about where it says On the Wiki is called the "Wiki navigation" or the "navigation bar". To customize your wiki's navigation bar, you need to go to the MediaWiki:Wiki-navigation page on your wiki. Probably the easiest way to get there is to see the Contribute button in the upper-right corner, click on that and then choose "Edit Wiki Navigation". If you're not sure what code you should put for the navigation, you can look at other wiki's navigation. For example, the code that makes the navigation bar here on Community Central can be found at MediaWiki:Wiki-navigation -- you can follow that format when making your wiki's navigation. 20px_Rin_Tohsaka_Avatar.png Mathmagician ƒ(♫) 19:34 UTC, Monday, 17 September 2012