Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
How do you make a certain part of the table as default in a template? There is a template on the wiki I'm working on that haves on the first part, the name of the item, and on the second part, the level, but the default is always to organize by alphabetical order of the names, I wanted to make it sort the level instead, without needing to sort by level manually, is there a way to do so?
Also, how to make an image that was taken from another template appear in a DPL table?
I was testing with it, but only the name of the image would appear, and on the wrong place, as I tried to put it before everything else, but it was being the second line. (The said table template can be found here  )
And sorry if those questions seem noobish, but I looked help pages for templates and DPL table but still don't have any idea how to do, if I can do, those things.
Yechnagoth 06:53, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
- For manuals see the almighty DPL Manual. As for the first question, I don't fully understand what you mean. The problem might be with the table not the DPL, since it's the table that applies the sorting order, depending on the contents of the cells.
- As for the second question, you do as any other template parameter. For your dpl template, the beginning of the tablerow param syntax should be
tablerow=align="center"¦[[File:%%]],...if the image parameter in the ItemWrap template is added as IMAGENAME.EXTENSION. Also, there's a lot of stuff, emm.. "not optimized" in your template so it might be working badly or not working at all. — Sovq 07:27, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
- What I meant with the first question is, when you open any page that contains that template, it will be organizing things by alphabetical order, and I wanted that it was the level instead, without needing to manually organize it.
- Umm... erm... yes, I'm just trying to learn it now, that template was not even made by me, I'm trying to improve it only, starting with small things, but it is working fine :P
- And thanks for the help with that image thing, and the manual :)
- Yechnagoth 06:40, October 7, 2011 (UTC)
- It is working because the Test in the end means its a copy from one already used in the wiki, from which I'm trying to improve, and I can see how the output is by making it work by editing any page and going "preview"without modifying anything.
- That's how I knew that the image part was showing only the file name.
- And I got the image working, though its still on the second section and not the first, I had missed the line I needed to put it in ^^``
- Now just the smaller things to adjust :)
- Yechnagoth 05:27, October 8, 2011 (UTC)