Community Central

Admin Forum:Force user creation

114,739pages on
this wiki

This Forum has been archived

Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help Force user creation
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.

Hello, I'm currently an administrator at The_Amazing_World_Of_Gumball Wiki, and I was wondering something. I have seen other wikis have a forced account creation before they could edit a page, or leave a comment. I was wondering if anyone knows how to make this happen, that "Wiki contributers" could no longer edit pages! Thanks! They'll pass us anyway! 05:05, April 28, 2012 (UTC)

Hi, which wiki are you referring to? It doesn't seem like one on Wikia, as it prides itself on being free-to-edit by anyone. ~ Demise101 ♥ Lets Talk! ♥ Blogs! ~

This wiki right here > <

"it prides itself on being free-to-edit by anyone." yes, I know. However, that's what I want changed. I want to know if there is a way to make it only changeable/editable by registered users, not anonymous contributers. Don't make me laugh.. 05:30, April 28, 2012 (UTC)

Erm, Sorry, I meant the wiki that you saw the feature on. Also, if you look here you'll see that Wikia won't let you change it. ~ Demise101 ♥ Lets Talk! ♥ Blogs! ~

Hmm, I see; sorry for that. The wiki which does that is However, with that information you sent me, I've come to the conclusion that they must have protection on ALL content based pages blocking unregistered users from editing it. Is there a way to do that? Don't make me laugh.. 05:40, April 28, 2012 (UTC)

Ah: As I thought. Your link doesn't have the .wikia part, meaning that it isn't Wikia- it's a seperate site altogether. Yes, it's possible to do that on a different site, but not on Wikia. Hope this helps, ~ Demise101 ♥ Lets Talk! ♥ Blogs! ~

Wow, I feel like an idiot now; Thanks anyways. Don't make me laugh.. 05:45, April 28, 2012 (UTC)

Wowwiki is a Wikia wiki, it just wasn't originally on Wikia. It joined in 2007. Fandyllic (who frequents the forums here) is a bureaucrat there. — Mathmagician 06:02, April 28, 2012 (UTC)

Oh? I thought it originated from Wikia, and branched off! (Silly me :<) ~ Demise101 ♥ Lets Talk! ♥ Blogs! ~

A large portion of its users left and formed Wowpedia (google it) when Oasis was 'introduced', which I guess it what you're referring to. Cqm  00:02, April 30, 2012 (UTC)

w:c:fallout.answers also forces user creation, but they're a special case; that site was overrun with spam, etc. that almost entirely went away when they forced user creation over a weekend because of a vandal that trashed the place with sockpuppets. Cat: meowhunt 23:34, April 30, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki