Community Central
Register
Community Central
No edit summary
(archive)

(7 intermediate revisions by 6 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
  +
{{ForumArchiveBox}}
  +

{{Admin-Forumheader|Getting Started}}

{{Admin-Forumheader|Getting Started}}
Just a quick question - why doesn't my wikia come up in a google search? It's been operational for over 10 days? Is it something you just have to be patient about?
+
Just a quick question - why doesn't my wikia come up in a google search? It's been operational for over 10 days? Is it something you just have to be patient about? The wiki in question is foundationseries.wikia.com {{Unsigned|Dors.venabili}}

:Which wiki do you edit on? Would you be able to provide a link? [[User:The 888th Avatar|<span style="color:#4169E1;" title="wjxhuang">'''The&nbsp;888th&nbsp;Avatar'''</span>]]&nbsp;[[User talk:The 888th Avatar|<span style="font-size:12px; color:#888;" title="Contact me">(talk)</span>]] 04:26, January 11, 2012 (UTC)

:Which wiki do you edit on? Would you be able to provide a link? [[User:The 888th Avatar|<span style="color:#4169E1;" title="wjxhuang">'''The&nbsp;888th&nbsp;Avatar'''</span>]]&nbsp;[[User talk:The 888th Avatar|<span style="font-size:12px; color:#888;" title="Contact me">(talk)</span>]] 04:26, January 11, 2012 (UTC)
  +
::Raising your SEO takes time. Google works with links. The more different places link to your wiki, the higher your google ranking will be.--{{User:Godisme/Sig2|04:30,1/11/2012}}
  +
:::Without knowing which wiki you're talking about (it's not showing up on your user masthead), the best thing you can do is to try and get other sites to link to you, whether it's related wikis or other sites on the same topic that you'd want to try to affiliate with. It's also very important to have as much high-quality content as possible.
  +
:::Some smaller tips would be to make sure your wiki has a subject-related name that people will find when they search for keywords. Alter [[MediaWiki:Pagetitle]] to include important keywords for your topic. In some cases it can take months for Google to pick up on your wiki and give it an appropriate ranking, so you can make it catch it faster by sending the URL to Google [https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url here]. {{Signatures/Cook Me Plox}} 04:52, January 11, 2012 (UTC)
  +
::::Also see, [[c:help:Advice:Raising your wiki's Google ranking|this page]]--{{User:Godisme/Sig2|05:04,1/11/2012}}

Latest revision as of 09:24, 7 March 2013

This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index Getting Started Google Search
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4037 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Just a quick question - why doesn't my wikia come up in a google search? It's been operational for over 10 days? Is it something you just have to be patient about? The wiki in question is foundationseries.wikia.com —This unsigned comment is by Dors.venabili (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

Which wiki do you edit on? Would you be able to provide a link? The 888th Avatar (talk) 04:26, January 11, 2012 (UTC)
Raising your SEO takes time. Google works with links. The more different places link to your wiki, the higher your google ranking will be.--GodPray  04:30,1/11/2012 
Without knowing which wiki you're talking about (it's not showing up on your user masthead), the best thing you can do is to try and get other sites to link to you, whether it's related wikis or other sites on the same topic that you'd want to try to affiliate with. It's also very important to have as much high-quality content as possible.
Some smaller tips would be to make sure your wiki has a subject-related name that people will find when they search for keywords. Alter MediaWiki:Pagetitle to include important keywords for your topic. In some cases it can take months for Google to pick up on your wiki and give it an appropriate ranking, so you can make it catch it faster by sending the URL to Google here. ʞooɔ
04:52, January 11, 2012 (UTC)
Also see, this page--GodPray  05:04,1/11/2012