Community Central
Register
Community Central
This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions Help with main page column tag??
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4021 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I'm pretty new to anything besides basic user editing, but I'm slowy learning templates and admin stuff for my wiki . I can't figure out how to make the main page column tag work. When I try applying it, it simply ends up like the example page here, one long unapealing column instead of the two that most pretty wikis have. I've tried Googling and Youtube-ing my way to two-column happiness, to no avail! What do I do? KyuKyu (talk) 02:49, October 16, 2012 (UTC)

<mainpage-leftcolumn-start />
Blah Left
Everything between the above start and the below end will be in the left column.
<mainpage-endcolumn />
<mainpage-rightcolumn-start />
Blah Right
Everything between the above start and the below end will in the right column, although there will also probably be an in-content ad above this as well.
<mainpage-endcolumn />
This only works on your wiki's main page, you can't do this on articles as the useless rail is in the way (this is why the help page is broken). Lunarity 05:42, October 16, 2012 (UTC)
Oh my god you are my hero! I didn't want to test it on the actual main page and make a huge mess of my wiki, even for a couple of seconds... THANK YOU!!KyuKyu (talk) 05:53, October 16, 2012 (UTC)