Community Central
Register
Community Central
This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions How Do I add a picture for an infobox?
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4024 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Im trying to add a picture to my info box but it keeps on giving me a link to the picture. Can someone help me on adding pictures to infoboxes.

Link to the page

Miami ihathann' 19:45, August 23, 2012 (UTC)

You have to enter the correct name of your image to add the image to the infobox. If you don't do that, it will not find the image. Enter "File:Images (27).jpg" instead of "image27". w:c:blueexorcist:image27 is an article, not an image. -- 76.65.128.252 06:43, August 24, 2012 (UTC)
Since your wiki is at an early stage of creation, you might consider changing w:c:blueexorcist:template:infobox such that you need to do less work. If you alter this line
[[{{{image}}}|{{{imagewidth|250}}}px]]<br/>''{{{caption| }}}''
to be
[[File:{{{image}}}.jpg|250px]]<br/>''{{{caption| }}}''
then you will guarantee more consistency across your site and you'll only have to enter the actual name of the file — Images (27). Of course, maybe you don't have a site policy which demands .jpg format. In that case you could still get it to assume .jpg but allow other formats, like this:
[[File:{{{image}}}.{{{ff|jpg}}}|250px]]<br/>''{{{caption| }}}''
This would then allow you to enter Images (27), and it would assume .jpg. But if you needed AnotherImage.png, then you'd enter:
image=AnotherImage | ff=png
In my opinion, the more automatic you can make your infoboxes, the better it is for overall design consistency on your site. You really don't want to give people the ability to set whatever pixel width they want. They could set it 100px, which would make the pic "drown" in the infobox. You also don't want it set really big; 500px width would squeeze most of the initial paragraph outta your page. Remember that the width:300px that you've made at the top of your infobox template doesn't actually set the width to be 300px. The box will actually grow depending upon the setting of your picture width. So, in my view, it's better just to take user control of the picture width away, and say that it's going to be 250px — or whatever width you fancy — period. czechout    fly tardis   18:44: Tue 28 Aug 2012
Ok. Thanks :)
Miami ihathann' 22:10, August 28, 2012 (UTC)