Community Central
Register
Community Central
m (Archiving Admin Forums)
(f)

(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:

{{ForumArchiveBox}}

{{ForumArchiveBox}}

+
{{Admin-Forumheader|Getting Started}}
[[Category:Getting Started|How can I get more editors on my wiki]]

<div class="forumheader" style="margin-bottom: .25em;">'''Forums:''' [[Admin Central:Forum|Admin Central Index]] '''→''' [[Admin Forum:Getting Started|Getting Started]] '''→''' How can I get more editors on my wiki

</div>

<div style="text-align:center; margin-bottom: .5em; font-size:90%; border:1px solid #ccc; border-top: 0px; padding:0 4px;" >Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.<br/> To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use [[Special:Contact]].</div>

<!-- If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply.

<!-- If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply.

Latest revision as of 22:39, 9 March 2013

This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index Getting Started How can I get more editors on my wiki
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4028 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hi, I'd like to know how I can get more editors on my wiki? There is only one that is helping to build the wiki. But I'd like to get more people on the wiki. The name is Pixie Wiki —This unsigned comment is by Teamcullen (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

Hi! In my wiki experience, you just have to keep building content, after your content is great, your wiki will keep moving up the Google Results, Wikia Search, or other Search engines, also in addition to that, you can also link to your wiki from other sites (just don't spam spam spam). Many people will see your wiki. "But how do I know if they will edit?" There are two things that are reasons that they'll add info ~ One, they are confident - And two, they are interested ~ But they obviously won't edit if they only have on of those, everyone with the two of those will edit as long as they find something missing. (Note: Some editors edit to fix grammar mistakes and coding errors)
--.Nobody Cares .TalkContribs. 10:08, July 13, 2011 (UTC)
Also, check out this page for some more ideas. ~>ђ (tคlкς๏ภtгเ๒ร) 00:58, July 14, 2011 (UTC)
I would also suggest reading a lot of our staff blog posts offering ideas on how to attract other editors. Both Tips & Tricks and Advice for Wiki Founders & Admins have a large amount of feedback info on things you can do to attract more users. --Meighan WikiaStaff.png

(help forum | blog) 01:08, July 15, 2011 (UTC)

Nice start! It might help when you are looking for editors, if you say something about the purpose or kind of content that would be welcome. For all a casual reader of the statement above would know, your wiki could be about the candy, pixie stix, instead of about pixies and other, similar mythological beings. -- CocoaZen 05:02, December 6, 2011 (UTC)

One thing I found intimidating when I first started wiking was what was "okay" to edit and "how-to" edit. Try making Help pages easily accessible for those who visit your wiki, so they'll know how to contribute if they feel that passion. Deyvid Petteys 01:16, July 15, 2011 (UTC)

My Isle of Tune Wiki has already been there for over 2 months and has only attracted a few people. Would you please give me some tips to buid up my wiki.
Sam Wang (talk) 15:34, December 3,2011

Follow the advice above. ITW only has six pages. Just keep going, you'll get more popular if you stay dedicated to building content. —Airhogs777 WCB WS 04:52, December 6, 2011 (UTC)