- they have odd formats; some tables have a huge number of columns; some have a huge number of rows; some have both; they hardly fit onto a computer screen as it is - let alone the small portion of it that Wikia let's me use; in other words: they simply require an empty browser window
- they're immutable; they're for reference only; there's no need whatsoever for anybody to change anything about them; in fact: they mustn't be changed
So, do you guys think Wikia would be fine with me hosting these tables on my own server? Or: Do you think there's a chance I can host immutable HTML files here?
Pecoes 13:23, February 14, 2012 (UTC)
I should probably give you an example:
Pecoes 13:28, February 14, 2012 (UTC)
- The license, yeah... Good point! I certainly don't have the right to slab CC on these files. But then again: This is a mod. Legally this is completely unexplored territory anyway. Modding happens almost entirely in that gray area. Modders routinely redistribute game files even though they technically do not have the right to do so. To my knowledge no game company has ever complained about this. Why would they?
- But I digress... I'll take your advice and leave things as they are right now. Thanks for the input!
- Pecoes 19:06, February 14, 2012 (UTC)