Community Central
Community Central
This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index Getting Started I need a few editors for my Team Fortress 2 Wiki to help me maintain it
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.

Hello, Wikia users.

I have created a Team Fortress 2 Wiki and have done a ton of work the past 24 hours on it. However, my wiki is very small and is in need of editors to help me expand it and administrators to clean up vandalism incase it happens, and such. I'm hiring anyone who can help and make the wiki a good information collection. I will accept anyone with proper English, grammar, and spelling. I'm also looking for a very few editors to make certain templates who have knowledge of HTML to modify some templates I've made as a placeholder.

PS: Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, I feel like this is the better forum to post.

Thanks in advanced. JustAHorriblePlayer 16:42, April 21, 2012 (UTC)

I'm not sure which Team Fortress wiki you are talking about. For instance, there is a w:c:teamfortress which was created in 2007. If you want to create a strong wiki, you would have more luck contributing to the existing wiki instead of starting a new one.
Also, there are several TF2 wikis off Wikia, such as http://tf2wiki.net and the official wiki supported by Valve: http://wiki.teamfortress.com . You can create a new wiki if you want, but you would make much greater progress if you joined one of these existing wiki communities that have better Google rankings and many active contributors. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 01:42, April 23, 2012 (UTC)
I'm not trying to hop on the bandwagon, but I want to make one that is fully run by players, not some by Valve. By the way, I have to seen that it's harder to keep up with the edits on the large communities due to the minor stuff to do to make it fully educational. I want to start one that people can participate and have tons to do and possibly become an important part of the wiki. JustAHorriblePlayer 19:29, April 23, 2012 (UTC)http://tf2informer.wikia.com/wiki/TF2_Informer_Wiki
Please give a link to your wiki. You won't get more editors for sure, if they don't know how to get to it.
Your goals are noble, but users tend to flock to the larger more active wikis because they trust there are more people to keep things up to date. Unless you want to be very involved all the time, contributing to a larger wiki on the topic you like is better than trying to compete with one. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 26 Apr 2012 3:54 PM Pacific
I'll do that.
It's not that great yet, but I still need contributors. {{SUBST:User:JustAHorriblePlayer/SigInclude}} 18:32, April 29, 2012 (UTC)
So it's TF2 Informer wiki? You should consider adopting the Team Fortress wiki, since it appears to have no active admins in over a year. Darkman 4 has logged in, but has no recent edits. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 2 May 2012 4:23 PM Pacific
Alright, Fandyllic I will do that. I will start doing some work on the classes and modifying and removing pages that are not required. JustAHorriblePlayer(talk contribs) 03:53, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
I just looked at it. It's about Team Fortress Classic. It should probably be pushed to teamfortressclassic.wikia.com instead, because many people refer Team Fortress without the 2 the recent version. JustAHorriblePlayer(talk contribs) 04:29, May 13, 2012 (UTC)