Community Central
Register
Community Central
(Created page with "{{Admin-Forumheader|Getting Started}} <!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~ If you require staff help, please use...")

No edit summary
Line 3: Line 3:

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->
I have created a wiki and there are a few articles on wikipedia on that topic. So how can I import them to my wiki? — <span style="text-decoration:underline;">[[w:c:naruto:User:UltimateSupreme|¤<big>U</big>LTIMATE <span style="color:red;"><big>S</big>UPREME ¤]]</span></span> [[User talk:UltimateSupreme|(T@lk)]] 08:17, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
+
I have created a wiki and there are a few articles on wikipedia on that topic. So how can I import them to my wiki? — <span style="text-decoration:underline;">[[w:c:naruto:User:UltimateSupreme|¤<big>U</big>LTIMATE <span style="color:red;"><big>S</big>UPREME ¤</span>]]</span> [[User talk:UltimateSupreme|(T@lk)]] 08:17, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
:[[wikipedia:Special:Export/Main_Page]]
  +
:to export the page (this example uses "Main Page")
  +
:[[Special:Import]]
  +
:on your wiki to import the file you created at export
  +
:Be sure to edit that file to change the usernames to something else, since Wikia usernames don't match Wikipedia's (say by appending "@en.wikipedia.org" to usernames)
  +
:[[Special:Contributions/70.24.251.208|70.24.251.208]] 06:03, June 14, 2012 (UTC)

Revision as of 06:03, 14 June 2012

Forums: Admin Central Index Getting Started Importing articles
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4296 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I have created a wiki and there are a few articles on wikipedia on that topic. So how can I import them to my wiki? — ¤ULTIMATE SUPREME ¤ (T@lk) 08:17, June 13, 2012 (UTC)

wikipedia:Special:Export/Main_Page
to export the page (this example uses "Main Page")
Special:Import
on your wiki to import the file you created at export
Be sure to edit that file to change the usernames to something else, since Wikia usernames don't match Wikipedia's (say by appending "@en.wikipedia.org" to usernames)
70.24.251.208 06:03, June 14, 2012 (UTC)