Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 37: Line 37:

<span style="color:#6C00D1; font-size:115%; font-face:Palatino Linotype;">--'''[[User:PreciousBlackSteel|Steel]]'''</span> <sup>[[User talk:PreciousBlackSteel|<span style="color:#6C00D1; font-face:Palatino Linotype;">'''Talk'''</span>]]</sup> 11:03, May 3, 2012 (UTC)

<span style="color:#6C00D1; font-size:115%; font-face:Palatino Linotype;">--'''[[User:PreciousBlackSteel|Steel]]'''</span> <sup>[[User talk:PreciousBlackSteel|<span style="color:#6C00D1; font-face:Palatino Linotype;">'''Talk'''</span>]]</sup> 11:03, May 3, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
:Adding <code>text-align: justify;</code> to the previously defined style rule should do the job. Replace:
  +
<pre style="margin-left:24px">
  +
.references-small { font-size: 85%;}
  +
</pre>
  +
:with
  +
<pre style="margin-left:24px">
  +
.references-small { font-size: 85%; text-align: justify;}
  +
</pre>
  +
:in the style sheet for the skin you want to alter (MediaWiki:Wikia.css for Oasis, MediaWiki:Common.css or MediaWiki:Monobook.css for Monobook). <span style="font-size:125%; font-weight:bold; font-family:Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-shadow:0 0 0.05em #646464">— [[User:Sovq|Sovq]]</span> 12:57, May 3, 2012 (UTC)

Revision as of 12:57, 3 May 2012

Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help Infobox causes gap on article & Reflist font size
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4369 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hello, I have two questions I've been puzzling over for a few days.

I recently updated the Character infobox on my wikia with a simpler code, but it apparently causes a gap at the top of the page above the headquote and below the infobox itself, like so:

Example here.

I also tried to change the size of the font for the reflist, but no matter what I do, it appears to be the same size as the article's text. I used the directions here to change it, but the change never seemed to happen no matter how many times I refreshed my cache.

Example at same page here.

I am using Windows Vista and Chrome. The results are the same in Firefox.

Thank you very much in advance!

--Steel (talk) 13:57, May 2, 2012 (UTC)

There was an excess line break in the template causing an additional paragraph to be added. It should work fine now. As for the references style - the code you added was OK, but you added it to the wrong style sheet. You should add it to MediaWiki:Wikia.css if you want it to affect the Wikia/Oasis skin. Common.css doesn't affect it. Sovq 14:32, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
Oh, gosh, I should have noticed that linebreak. And I see! I fixed it and placed it on the other page and it works perfectly now. Thank you very much for the help!
--Steel (talk) 15:08, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
If you want the code to affect both skins, you can add it to MediaWiki:Common.css and add the following line to Wikia.css:
@import "/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Common.css&action=raw&ctype=text/css";
 TK999 14:59, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you, I'll try that as well!
--Steel (talk) 15:08, May 2, 2012 (UTC)

I have one last query, on the references again. Is it possible to justify the text? If so, where do I input the code? Thanks!

--Steel Talk 11:03, May 3, 2012 (UTC)

Adding text-align: justify; to the previously defined style rule should do the job. Replace:
.references-small { font-size: 85%;}
with
.references-small { font-size: 85%; text-align: justify;}
in the style sheet for the skin you want to alter (MediaWiki:Wikia.css for Oasis, MediaWiki:Common.css or MediaWiki:Monobook.css for Monobook). Sovq 12:57, May 3, 2012 (UTC)