Community Central
Register
Community Central
(New page: {{Admin-Forumheader|Technical Help}} I don't understand how to use info boxes on my wiki. I wanted to make so my template could be poster by typing in whatever unders usage (Like [http://h...)

(archive)

(9 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
  +
{{ForumArchiveBox}}
{{Admin-Forumheader|Technical Help}} I don't understand how to use info boxes on my wiki. I wanted to make so my template could be poster by typing in whatever unders usage (Like [http://harvestmoonrunefactory.wikia.com/wiki/Template:User_RF1 here] ) But when I do it just posts the whole page! How do I fix this? [[User:Mai Is Me|Mai Is Me]] 00:34, March 16, 2012 (UTC)

+
  +
{{Admin-Forumheader|Technical Help}}

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->
  +

I don't understand how to use info boxes on my wiki. I wanted to make so my template could be poster by typing in whatever unders usage (Like [http://harvestmoonrunefactory.wikia.com/wiki/Template:User_RF1 here] ) But when I do it just posts the whole page! How do I fix this? [[User:Mai Is Me|Mai Is Me]] 00:34, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
:You have to place what you ''don't'' want transcluded into &lt;noinclude&gt; tags. I've edited the page to show you how. [[User:Rappy_4187|Rappy]] 00:47, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
::I tried doing that but I still have the same problem ([http://harvestmoonrunefactory.wikia.com/wiki/Template:User_Mei Heres] the one I'm trying to fix) What am I doing wrong? {{unsigned2|11:05, March 16, 2012|Mai Is Me}}
  +
  +
:::You had <code>&lt;/noinclude&gt;</code> twice instead of <code>&lt;noinclude&gt;</code> and then <code>&lt;/noinclude&gt;</code>. Try it now. --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Who?">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 16 Mar 2012 11:42 AM Pacific
  +
  +
::::What do you mean? Thats what the first one had and it worked, what one do i deleate? [[User:Mai Is Me|Mai Is Me]] 19:59, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
:::::I fixed [[w:c:harvestmoonrunefactory:Template:User_Mei]] again. First you had two <code>&lt;/noinclude&gt;</code> and no <code>&lt;noinclude&gt;</code> and then you deleted the <code>&lt;noinclude&gt;</code>. You need to have both <code>&lt;noinclude&gt;</code> and <code>&lt;/noinclude&gt;</code> around the stuff you don't want to transclude. --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Who?">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 16 Mar 2012 2:10 PM Pacific

Latest revision as of 09:24, 7 March 2013

This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help Infoboxes?
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4029 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I don't understand how to use info boxes on my wiki. I wanted to make so my template could be poster by typing in whatever unders usage (Like here ) But when I do it just posts the whole page! How do I fix this? Mai Is Me 00:34, March 16, 2012 (UTC)

You have to place what you don't want transcluded into <noinclude> tags. I've edited the page to show you how. Rappy 00:47, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
I tried doing that but I still have the same problem (Heres the one I'm trying to fix) What am I doing wrong? —This unsigned comment is by Mai Is Me (talkcontribs) 11:05, March 16, 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
You had </noinclude> twice instead of <noinclude> and then </noinclude>. Try it now. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 16 Mar 2012 11:42 AM Pacific
What do you mean? Thats what the first one had and it worked, what one do i deleate? Mai Is Me 19:59, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
I fixed w:c:harvestmoonrunefactory:Template:User_Mei again. First you had two </noinclude> and no <noinclude> and then you deleted the <noinclude>. You need to have both <noinclude> and </noinclude> around the stuff you don't want to transclude. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 16 Mar 2012 2:10 PM Pacific