Community Central
Community Central
This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions Is it OK to embed SWF file on wiki?
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4059 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I am the admin and head developer of Fightmon the game: Reemon, and I was wondering if it is OK for me to embed my prototype games into the website using <verbatim>Foo</verbatim>? I know I read somewhere that you shouldn't include verbatims that redirect users to another website, but I'm not sure if this counts. My Flash file doesn't violate any rules that I know of, it doesn't collect any information or link to any outside websites. Iggyvolz (Message Wall) 15:36, November 12, 2012 (UTC)

Iggyvolz,
I would strongly discourage ever linking Flash objects/video into a wiki. There are a few concerns - security being the key one as well as Content Security Policy perhaps causing errors as well as the fact that Flash is not supported in the iOS Mobile field. As long as you are within our Terms of Use, and ensuring that any content added using the Verbatim tag is safe and strongly controlled, we are not going to outright forbid it. But again, from a User Experience standpoint, it may be best to simply refrain. --DaNASCAT (help forum | blog) 16:59, November 12, 2012 (UTC)
But linking would still be OK, like link to my game? Iggyvolz (Message Wall) 17:15, November 12, 2012 (UTC)