Community Central
Community Central
(Created page with "{{Admin-Forumheader|General Questions}} <!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~ If you require staff help, please u...")

(reply)
Line 5: Line 5:

I am an admin on a wiki about characters for a video game that is 10+ which means we get a lot of editors around 11-16. We have wiki chat enabled but aparently when no admins are online in the chat, a lot of them use the F-bomb and not keeping it kid friendly. I would like to know if there is any way to enable a curse word filter in the wiki chat? [[File:329.png|16px]][[User:Wuher Moseisley|<font color="#FF9900">Wuher MosEisley</font>]] 00:20, May 29, 2012 (UTC)

I am an admin on a wiki about characters for a video game that is 10+ which means we get a lot of editors around 11-16. We have wiki chat enabled but aparently when no admins are online in the chat, a lot of them use the F-bomb and not keeping it kid friendly. I would like to know if there is any way to enable a curse word filter in the wiki chat? [[File:329.png|16px]][[User:Wuher Moseisley|<font color="#FF9900">Wuher MosEisley</font>]] 00:20, May 29, 2012 (UTC)
  +
:Yeah, you can just manually do it yourself, go into MediaWiki:Emoticons on your wiki, then just insert the words you wanna censor as a emote, for example, you wanna censor the so called "F-bomb", on your wiki, simply make that word as a emoticon, and every time someone says the word, it'll come out as the emote. :) --{{User:PlasmaTime/SigReal|}} 00:43, May 29, 2012 (UTC)

Revision as of 00:43, 29 May 2012

Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions Is it possible to enable a filter in wiki chat?
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4344 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I am an admin on a wiki about characters for a video game that is 10+ which means we get a lot of editors around 11-16. We have wiki chat enabled but aparently when no admins are online in the chat, a lot of them use the F-bomb and not keeping it kid friendly. I would like to know if there is any way to enable a curse word filter in the wiki chat? 329Wuher MosEisley 00:20, May 29, 2012 (UTC)

Yeah, you can just manually do it yourself, go into MediaWiki:Emoticons on your wiki, then just insert the words you wanna censor as a emote, for example, you wanna censor the so called "F-bomb", on your wiki, simply make that word as a emoticon, and every time someone says the word, it'll come out as the emote.  :) -- 00:43, May 29, 2012 (UTC)