Community Central
Community Central
mNo edit summary
No edit summary
Line 10: Line 10:

::::I don't think so. Feel free to ask in [[Special:Chat]] or [[special:contact/general|ask]] staff. :) --{{User:PlasmaTime/SigReal|}} 01:07, May 29, 2012 (UTC)

::::I don't think so. Feel free to ask in [[Special:Chat]] or [[special:contact/general|ask]] staff. :) --{{User:PlasmaTime/SigReal|}} 01:07, May 29, 2012 (UTC)

::::::If I were to use a Str_Replace PHP code for a filter, where would I add it for the chat? [[File:329.png|16px]][[User:Wuher Moseisley|<font color="#FF9900">Wuher MosEisley</font>]] 20:20, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
+
::::::If I were to use a Str_Replace PHP code for a filter, where would I add it for the chat? [[File:329.png|16px]][[User:Wuher Moseisley|<font color="#FF9900">Wuher MosEisley</font>]] 20:20, May 30, 2012 (UTC)

<small>(reset indent)</small> I think it's possible, although I have no clue how. [[User:Joeytje50]] created a badword script that pings anyone who has it imported when one of the triggers is set off. I recall him talking about being able to change those badwords into another word, but I'm clueless with how he makes all his scripts. I'll try and poke him here, see if thinks it's possible but no promises ;) {{User:Cåm/Signature}} 20:47, May 30, 2012 (UTC)

<small>(reset indent)</small> I think it's possible, although I have no clue how. [[User:Joeytje50]] created a badword script that pings anyone who has it imported when one of the triggers is set off. I recall him talking about being able to change those badwords into another word, but I'm clueless with how he makes all his scripts. I'll try and poke him here, see if thinks it's possible but no promises ;) {{User:Cåm/Signature}} 20:47, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
: Thank you! That sounds perfect for what I am looking for, even if you can't get a hold of him, I now know in which direction to go to knowing it is possible that way, thanks! [[File:329.png|16px]][[User:Wuher Moseisley|<font color="#FF9900">Wuher MosEisley</font>]] 21:10, May 30, 2012 (UTC)

Revision as of 21:10, 30 May 2012

Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions Is it possible to enable a filter in wiki chat?
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4341 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I am an admin on a wiki about characters for a video game that is 10+ which means we get a lot of editors around 11-16. We have wiki chat enabled but aparently when no admins are online in the chat, a lot of them use the F-bomb and not keeping it kid friendly. I would like to know if there is any way to enable a curse word filter in the wiki chat? 329Wuher MosEisley 00:20, May 29, 2012 (UTC)

Yeah, you can just manually do it yourself, go into MediaWiki:Emoticons on your wiki, then just insert the words you wanna censor as a emote, for example, you wanna censor the so called "F-bomb", on your wiki, simply make that word as an emoticon, and every time someone says the word, it'll come out as the emote. :) -- 00:43, May 29, 2012 (UTC)
I have thought about doing that before, but you can still hover over it with the mouse and see what they wrote. Any other ways? 329Wuher MosEisley 00:46, May 29, 2012 (UTC)
I don't think so. Feel free to ask in Special:Chat or ask staff. :) -- 01:07, May 29, 2012 (UTC)
If I were to use a Str_Replace PHP code for a filter, where would I add it for the chat? 329Wuher MosEisley 20:20, May 30, 2012 (UTC)

(reset indent) I think it's possible, although I have no clue how. User:Joeytje50 created a badword script that pings anyone who has it imported when one of the triggers is set off. I recall him talking about being able to change those badwords into another word, but I'm clueless with how he makes all his scripts. I'll try and poke him here, see if thinks it's possible but no promises ;) User:Cåm/Signature 20:47, May 30, 2012 (UTC)

Thank you! That sounds perfect for what I am looking for, even if you can't get a hold of him, I now know in which direction to go to knowing it is possible that way, thanks! 329Wuher MosEisley 21:10, May 30, 2012 (UTC)