Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
So I'm beginning to style monobook at w:c:tardis, and I'm having a hell of a time because the cache seems to be going crazy. It's sluggish, with changes only now coming through that were made about a day go. Different page loads after clearing my browser's cache yield different results, representing different points in my editing of the .css. But it doesn't seem to be necessarily progressing chronologically through the history of revisions. It just never says fixed, going backwards and forwards through, for instance, background colors and images that I've tried out.
I'm kinda frustrated right now, cause Wikia.css has never been so temperamental. It's always reflected changes within at most a minute or two. But this damned monobook just seems unable to stay fixed on any one particular revision.
We have never really styled monobook to any great degree at w:c:tarids, so I'm not sure whether what's going on is normal or not. Is it usual for changes to monobook.css to take significantly longer than changes to wikia.css to take effect? Is there anything I can do to flush the MediaWiki cache so I can see the effects of the latst revisions to monobook.css? <span style="
After saving, you have to bypass your browser's cache to see the changes. Internet Explorer: hold down the Ctrl key and click the Refresh or Reload button, or press Ctrl+F5. Firefox: hold down the Shift key while clicking Reload; alternatively press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl-Shift-R. Opera users have to clear their caches through Tools→Preferences Konqueror and Safari users can just click the Reload button. Chrome: press Ctrl+F5 or Shift+F5
- While it's true that useful information is often ignored, sometimes people jump to conclusions about a situation without having fully read the original post. :) I made it very clear in the first paragraph that this behavior is happening after I clear my browser's cache. Indeed, I've got caching completely turned off in two of the three browsers I use, so browser caching is completely eliminated from this problem. In any case, not clearing the browser cache would hardly explain why the page was loading versions of the page out of the chronological order of revisions, or why each page load was, for a time, different.
- If you're seeing a version of the page that was created by a revision at 8pm, followed by one from 7pm, followed by one from 9pm — all after three consecutive page loads in the same browser where caching has been disabled — that's not a browser cache error. <span style="