Wikia

Community Central

Admin Forum:More editors

Talk0
94,657pages on
this wiki

This Forum has been archived

Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions More editors
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.

I am an admin on mediator wiki and I wanted to know if there is any way I can invite more editors. I posted a message in the need more editors page, but received very little response. Is there any other way?  One n only  Talk  Contribs     predated   14:11, September 9, 2012 (UTC)

You could use the promote button on Admin Dashboard. Otherwise, you could only ask people, but the latter is tedious. Energy X 14:20, September 9, 2012 (UTC)

You can attract more editors in a number of ways:
  • By using the promote tool on your wiki. Go to the Admin Dashboard and select 'Promote'.
  • By creating a blog post here on Community Central, or on a similarly themed wiki.
  • By adding your wiki to this list.
Hope this helped, and good luck!    ǝsʞpɐןǝ  (message wall)  14:26, 09/09/2012
For the first method, an easier way would be to just click Special:Promote.
You may also apply for Spotlights. Ultimate Supreme talk · wiki I · wiki II  17:06, September 9, 2012 (UTC)

'Attracting new editors' seems to be a general issue (and part of the problem, having trawled through the 'new Wikis list is that there are what seem like hundreds of thousands of wikis (even if many are dormant/closed) and no means of organising them into groups so that 'people looking for wikis for their interests' can find them - resulting in multiple wikis on the same topic).

Depending upon the wiki's subject it might be feasible to create equivalents to [1] or the third link at [2] (and if anyone wishes to add/link relevantly to these wikis they can do so). Jackiespeel (talk) 14:51, September 11, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki