Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I've noticed a special feature of the Final Fantasy Wiki (and probably others): the ability to add the wiki prefix and a colon in front of a wikilink in order to link to content of that particular wiki (i.e. finalfantasy:Chocobo). Needless to say, this is an impressive feature that I would like to have on [mana.wikia.com my wiki]. I've tried doing it with the "mana" prefix to no effect, so I assume it has to be activated somehow.
Thanks in advance for the help! YellowMage 23:06, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't know how to get it so you can just put [[mana:Foo]], but you can always have them put [[w:c:mana:Foo]] to make w:c:mana:foo Iggyvolz 23:12, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
- That's called an Interwiki link (more here: w:c:mana:Help:Interwiki_link). But you do know that links to your own wiki are much simpler, right? Just write the pagename: [[Secret of Mana]] e.g. will work (as long as you type it like this into the "Source" mode of the editor). -- pecos 05:51, April 01, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, I know about links within a single wiki, I was asking about links across separate wikis. And I also know about adding the "w:c:" which has the same effect, but the extra colons makes it look kinda messy. YellowMage 14:11, April 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Ah, you're right. FinalFantasy has got it's own entry in the MetaWikiPedia:Interwiki_map. Impressive!
- I doubt getting such an entry is as simple as enabling an extension. That's a political thing. You would have to convince the Wikipedia community that your wiki is so essential that it needs its own prefix. I imagine that's a very hard thing tod do. FinalFantasy is probably helped by the fact that it's a) an exceptionally large wiki and b) covers an entire series of games and as such gets a lot of links from other wikis.
- Good luck! -- pecos 14:25, April 01, 2012 (UTC)