Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 8: Line 8:

:Wikia still does not support private wikis, I'm afraid. --{{User:Dser/sig2|02:52, 2/13/2012}}

:Wikia still does not support private wikis, I'm afraid. --{{User:Dser/sig2|02:52, 2/13/2012}}

:Thanks for the info! I appreciate the quick response!
+
:Thanks for the info! I appreciate the quick response! -MrMerriam

Revision as of 03:06, 13 February 2012

Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help Private Wiki?
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4449 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hello all! I was wondering if there was currently an option to make a wiki here private? I am looking for a wiki to use in an educational setting and I love the functionality of these wikis, but would like to restrict who can post on the site, and would really like to restrict who could see the site. I saw a post from about a year ago that said this wasn't implemented at this time and I was just hoping perhaps that this had changed. If not, is there any way an allowance could be made for an educational wiki? If not, I understand, just hoping!

Thanks for the help! —This unsigned comment is by MrMerriam (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

Wikia still does not support private wikis, I'm afraid. --Dser (wall | email) 02:52, 2/13/2012
Thanks for the info! I appreciate the quick response! -MrMerriam