Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 18: Line 18:

:Okay then. Here's the link to the template.

:Okay then. Here's the link to the template.

:http://dancecentralkinectgame.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Infobox_Song
+
:[[User:Gameboyz829|http://dancecentralkinectgame.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Infobox_Song]]

:[[User:Gameboyz829|Gameboyz829]] ([[User talk:Gameboyz829|talk]]) 22:10, July 21, 2012 (UTC)

:[[User:Gameboyz829|Gameboyz829]] ([[User talk:Gameboyz829|talk]]) 22:10, July 21, 2012 (UTC)
Line 24: Line 24:

::There are three unnecessary brackets at the end of this:<br />'''<nowiki>{{{Difficulty|{{{Choreographer|{{{Default Dancer}}} }}} }}} }}}</nowiki>'''

::There are three unnecessary brackets at the end of this:<br />'''<nowiki>{{{Difficulty|{{{Choreographer|{{{Default Dancer}}} }}} }}} }}}</nowiki>'''

::I'm not sure why are you inserting these parameters into each other. You can just type this instead:<br /> '''<nowiki>{{{Difficulty|}}} {{{Choreographer|}}} {{{Default Dancer|}}}</nowiki>'''<br />The if tag would display the Information rows if any of these parameters are not empty.
+
::I'm not sure why are you inserting these parameters into each other. You can just type this instead:<br />'''<nowiki>{{{Difficulty|}}} {{{Choreographer|}}} {{{Default Dancer|}}}</nowiki>'''<br />The if tag would display the Information rows if any of these parameters are not empty.

::Also your <nowiki><noinclude></nowiki> tag is not closed, though it's not related to your problem. --{{User:IcecreamKitten/sig}} 23:11, July 21, 2012 (UTC)

::Also your <nowiki><noinclude></nowiki> tag is not closed, though it's not related to your problem. --{{User:IcecreamKitten/sig}} 23:11, July 21, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
::I changed the parameters to the style you put it in and decided to take out the <noinclude> and while it does take the 3 curly brackets & the 1 vertical bar out,when I check the page that has the infobox in it,it still just shows the name and the image without the categories. [[User:Gameboyz829|Gameboyz829]] ([[User talk:Gameboyz829|talk]]) 04:18, July 22, 2012 (UTC)

Revision as of 04:18, 22 July 2012

Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help Problem with Infobox
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4289 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I have made an infobox and its all well but for some reason, there was a curly bracket,a vertical bar & then 2 more curly brackets when I was done editing it. This also appears on the one page I currently have so far that is using it.

I then found the problem to it in the editing page of that infobox so I deleted them. But then when I went to the page that uses the infobox,only the name and the image appeared. None of the categories did. I decided to add them back in but delete one curly bracket and even that makes the infobox only show the name and image.

I'm asking if there's a way to delete the 3 curly brackets and the vertical bar without the categories not showing up in the page (And soon pages) with that infobox being used. Gameboyz829 (talk) 03:18, July 21, 2012 (UTC)

Yes, there's a way. To get help, you'd need to provide a link to the template, or post the template code here. --IK Talk 21:48, July 21, 2012 (UTC)
Okay then. Here's the link to the template.
http://dancecentralkinectgame.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Infobox_Song
Gameboyz829 (talk) 22:10, July 21, 2012 (UTC)
There are three unnecessary brackets at the end of this:
{{{Difficulty|{{{Choreographer|{{{Default Dancer}}} }}} }}} }}}
I'm not sure why are you inserting these parameters into each other. You can just type this instead:
{{{Difficulty|}}} {{{Choreographer|}}} {{{Default Dancer|}}}
The if tag would display the Information rows if any of these parameters are not empty.
Also your <noinclude> tag is not closed, though it's not related to your problem. --IK Talk 23:11, July 21, 2012 (UTC)
I changed the parameters to the style you put it in and decided to take out the and while it does take the 3 curly brackets & the 1 vertical bar out,when I check the page that has the infobox in it,it still just shows the name and the image without the categories. Gameboyz829 (talk) 04:18, July 22, 2012 (UTC)