Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 6: Line 6:

:Problems with proper displaying of new revisions of images have been an issue on Wikia for as long as I can remember. You're not the only editor for whom this is an inconvenience. The best way to deal with it is to report it through [[Special:Contact]]. <span style="font-size:125%; font-weight:bold; font-family:Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-shadow:0 0 0.05em #646464">— [[User:Sovq|Sovq]]</span> 07:21, May 12, 2012 (UTC)

:Problems with proper displaying of new revisions of images have been an issue on Wikia for as long as I can remember. You're not the only editor for whom this is an inconvenience. The best way to deal with it is to report it through [[Special:Contact]]. <span style="font-size:125%; font-weight:bold; font-family:Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-shadow:0 0 0.05em #646464">— [[User:Sovq|Sovq]]</span> 07:21, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
::@Sovq: Does purging the page actually create a new thumbnail? -- {{User:Pecoes/sig|07:36, May 12, 2012 (UTC)}}

Revision as of 07:36, 12 May 2012

Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions Purging an image and regenerating delay
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4360 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I know that after uploading a new version of an image, we generally access the purging page to force the software to make a new thumbnail of it. But I don't know why, that the time for refreshing became too long these days: sometimes it even takes hours! It's a pain for me that I cannot visualize the layout with the correct image and have to spend a long time to continue editing. Am I the only one to feel it inconvenient?  Cafeinlove msg 2012-05-12, 6:46 am(UTC+9)

Problems with proper displaying of new revisions of images have been an issue on Wikia for as long as I can remember. You're not the only editor for whom this is an inconvenience. The best way to deal with it is to report it through Special:Contact. Sovq 07:21, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
@Sovq: Does purging the page actually create a new thumbnail? --  pecoes  07:36, May 12, 2012 (UTC)