Community Central
Register
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 38: Line 38:

:::::::::I didn't have to do anything. I came to your wiki with a blank cache. But it's odd that Ctrl+F5 didn't work... You could try to add a meaningless parameter: .../favicon.ico?2 -- {{User:Pecoes/sig|23:18, May 12, 2012 (UTC)}}

:::::::::I didn't have to do anything. I came to your wiki with a blank cache. But it's odd that Ctrl+F5 didn't work... You could try to add a meaningless parameter: .../favicon.ico?2 -- {{User:Pecoes/sig|23:18, May 12, 2012 (UTC)}}
  +
  +
:::::::::Mmm.. doesn't change still. Maybe a problem with the Theme designer. I will try to delete it once and reupload manually. Then if this persist, I will ask the staff. Thank you very much Pecoes. {{User:Cafeinlove/Sig2|2012-05-13, 8:34 am(UTC+9)}}

Revision as of 23:34, 12 May 2012

Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions Purging an image and regenerating delay
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4337 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I know that after uploading a new version of an image, we generally access the purging page to force the software to make a new thumbnail of it. But I don't know why, that the time for refreshing became too long these days: sometimes it even takes hours! It's a pain for me that I cannot visualize the layout with the correct image and have to spend a long time to continue editing. Am I the only one to feel it inconvenient?  Cafeinlove msg 2012-05-12, 6:46 am(UTC+9)

Problems with proper displaying of new revisions of images have been an issue on Wikia for as long as I can remember. You're not the only editor for whom this is an inconvenience. The best way to deal with it is to report it through Special:Contact. Sovq 07:21, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
@Sovq: Does purging the page actually create a new thumbnail? --  pecoes  07:36, May 12, 2012 (UTC) 
For me not. I mean, for every wiki sites I'm working on. Although I'm curious about what will be happening if I let the page without purging it.(?)  Cafeinlove msg 2012-05-13, 2:55 am(UTC+9)
I ran a few tests and no, purging does not seem to re-create thumbnails.
I found out how to force the creation of a thumbnail, though. There's two steps: First you need the image ID. Let's say your image has the name XXX.png, then the request would look like this:
http://yourwiki.wikia.com/api.php?action=query&titles=File:XXX.png&prop=imageinfo
From the reply you can get the image's "pageid". With that you can request a thumbnail:
http://pecoes.wikia.com/api.php?action=imagecrop&imgId=YYYY&imgSize=600
(YYYY is the pageid)
But I can't think of a clever way to use that trick. This new thumbnail does not update the version you will see in the article. It is a completely separate revision - one that is not even listed on the File:XXX.png page. You can only request it by its full URL. --  pecoes  20:45, May 12, 2012 (UTC) 
I get it.. sadly, we can only wait for it to come for the moment. Somehow I will try to talk with staff.
There's an another issue about favicon. I uploaded favicon.ico and a new wordmark images but no response from more than a day. Should I just wait even more, or is this a malfunction?  Cafeinlove msg 2012-05-13, 6:44 am(UTC+9)
You can update the favicon by navigating to it directly via the URL bar and then reloading it with F5 or Ctrl+F5 - depending on your browser. The same trick might work with the wordmark as well, but I'm not sure. --  pecoes  22:39, May 12, 2012 (UTC) 
The wordmark has been reloaded some minute ago(I didn't do anything). But about the favicon, I tried yesterday many times to purge it by going directly to its URL.
Odd that on IE my favicon is correctly loaded, but not on FF / Chrome. I also tried to delete browser cache, install Chrome Canary side by side, but no result.  Cafeinlove msg 2012-05-13, 7:47 am(UTC+9)
Fav
Is this what it's supposed to look like? :) --  pecoes  22:54, May 12, 2012 (UTC) 

Right. How did you do this? Or maybe did I do something wrong? My process was accessing http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120511171531/oreimo/ko/images/6/64/Favicon.ico then press Ctrl+F5.  Cafeinlove msg 2012-05-13, 8:11 am(UTC+9)
I didn't have to do anything. I came to your wiki with a blank cache. But it's odd that Ctrl+F5 didn't work... You could try to add a meaningless parameter: .../favicon.ico?2 --  pecoes  23:18, May 12, 2012 (UTC) 
Mmm.. doesn't change still. Maybe a problem with the Theme designer. I will try to delete it once and reupload manually. Then if this persist, I will ask the staff. Thank you very much Pecoes.  Cafeinlove msg 2012-05-13, 8:34 am(UTC+9)