Community Central
Community Central
This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions Question regarding the Gaming Wiki site?
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.

Okay, last silly question, I swear! I have updated the MediaWiki:Description on my wiki, and the changes aren't showing up on Gaming Wikis. (The one I Admin is the Elder Scrolls one). Just wondering - is there a way I can change the description on that list? TimeoinSay G'DayView my workSee current projects 03:00, November 16, 2011 (UTC)

The page might not be updated. Try waiting a while, and if the problem still isn't resolved, I'd recommend contacting Wikia Staff through Special:Contact/bug. --Dser (wall | email) 03:21, 11/16/2011
I ask this because, well, when I updated the Description MediaWiki page - it was something different, and hadnt been updated for quite some time (Several months, when the wiki last merged with a different one) TimeoinSay G'DayView my workSee current projects 03:22, November 16, 2011 (UTC)
I'd recommend Special:Contact/bug then. The staff will probably be able to help.
--Dser (wall | email) 03:50, 11/16/2011
Mediawiki:description is solely used for search engines, not for that page afaik.
You will perhaps need to edit a different page to display there. The mediawiki description page should be two lines max and not contain coding.
I realised that when I saw it. Its now been updated to the new one (without my mistake) so - thanks everyone! TimeoinSay G'DayView my workSkyrim To-Do List 03:58, November 22, 2011 (UTC)