Community Central
Register
Community Central
m (Archiving Admin Forums)
(Splitting old watercooler threads from admin watercooler threads)

(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:

{{ForumArchiveBox}}

{{ForumArchiveBox}}

+
{{Admin-Forumheader|Admin Watercooler}}
[[Category:Watercooler|Random Idea]]

<div class="forumheader" style="margin-bottom: .25em;">'''Forums:''' [[Admin Central:Forum|Admin Central Index]] '''→''' [[Admin Forum:Watercooler|Watercooler]] '''→''' Random Idea

</div>

<div style="text-align:center; margin-bottom: .5em; font-size:90%; border:1px solid #ccc; border-top: 0px; padding:0 4px;" >Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.<br/> To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use [[Special:Contact]].</div>

<!-- If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply.

<!-- If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply.

Latest revision as of 10:01, 7 March 2013

This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index Admin Watercooler Random Idea
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4018 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Random thing but like the vstf should there be some group(apart from staff) that deal with admin and bur power abuse?--Tama63 18:20, July 29, 2011 (UTC)

TheBen10Mazter suggested that beofre too: Forum:A few ideas to help wikia (point eight), basically VSTF handles it by reporting to the Staff/Helpers. - Tjcool007 (Talk) 18:23, July 29, 2011 (UTC)
I don't agree. Staff and VSTF are always in reach of contact. I don't think there should be another group to deal with what's already including in what Staff and VSTF do. --zzi 18:25, July 29, 2011 (UTC)
Ah ok(I dont wanna be like ben) so I will forget this :D--Tama63 18:25, July 29, 2011 (UTC)
"Power abuse" is a subjective concept, and generally not something that should be policed aggressively. One of the great benefits of Wikia is that it's managed by its communities and members, and each community can have its own style. ;) --Dopp WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 18:28, July 29, 2011 (UTC)
My thoughts exactly - if someone's using admin powers to vandalise a wiki, feel free to contact the VSTF or staff and we can block them, but it doesn't happen that often - the last thing I'd want to see is some kind of "wiki police" that goes around and tells sysops that they're not doing their job properly, communities, for the main part, evolve on their own, not as part of global Wikia "rules" - which is how it should be. Sorry for jumping on this when it seems like everyone's now agreeing. -- RandomTime 18:34, July 29, 2011 (UTC)
To me the remaining problem is that the reason this question got asked is because users don't have a clear idea of what to do when an admin abused their powers or they don't have faith that Wikia staff has clear policies on what they will do in certain cases. I get the sense that Wikia just hopes communities will find a way to oust a bad admin without their intervention and it often goes too far before they do anything.
The problem isn't severe, but you see the fallout on Community Central forum (now Support Requests forum) every so often. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 29 Jul 2011 11:46 AM Pacific

Our coming revamp of the Special:Contact interface will make it more clear that there is a correct path on how/where to report issues with other users/admins. --Uberfuzzy 19:55, July 29, 2011 (UTC)