Community Central
Community Central
This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions Random Survey popup on a Wikia?
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.

For some reason i had a popup for a Survey site while on a Wikia. I clicked the stop receiving survey button which is the tab after. Jamesrulez1TalkMy Contribs 21:52, October 23, 2011 (UTC)

Survey

I know Wikia does use Scorecardresearch in it's analytics, though I've never gotten that survey myself, I am pretty sure that is safe. --User? 22:22, October 23, 2011 (UTC)
The only reason why i posted it here was because a Admin on the Wikia told me to Jamesrulez1TalkMy Contribs 00:33, October 24, 2011 (UTC)
I heard some news in Donkey Kong Wiki a while back that they moved out of wikia because they were getting a bunch of wiki advertisements and getting viruses from them. —Technology Wizard ·Contribs· ~Talk~ ·E-Mail·  03:05, 10/24/2011 
I'd like to know whether Wikia is actually asking for this survey information, and how it is being used. If this is just a ploy to sell our information to advertisers, then the survey could be considered harmful. However, if Wikia is using the information to better serve the community, then it would be a good thing. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 22:45, October 27, 2011 (UTC)