Community Central
Community Central
(Created page with "{{Admin-Forumheader|Technical Help}} <!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~ If you require staff help, please u...")

m (Archiving Admin Forums)

(4 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
  +
{{ForumArchiveBox}}
{{Admin-Forumheader|Technical Help}}

+
  +
[[Category:Technical Help|Recent Changes customization]]
  +
<div class="forumheader" style="margin-bottom: .25em;">'''Forums:''' [[Admin Central:Forum|Admin Central Index]] '''→''' [[Admin Forum:Technical Help|Technical Help]] '''→''' Recent Changes customization
  +
</div>
  +
<div style="text-align:center; margin-bottom: .5em; font-size:90%; border:1px solid #ccc; border-top: 0px; padding:0 4px;" >Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.<br/> To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use [[Special:Contact]].</div>
  +

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

I want to change the colours of the character count (number of added/removed characters) on the Recent Changes to lighter green and red. How to do that? Thanks in advance, [[User:Final_Cannon|<span style="font-family:segoe print">Final Cannon</span>]] [[User talk:Final_Cannon|<span style="font-family:arial black; background-color:#000080; color:#00CED1">Dyskusja</span>]] 16:42, July 30, 2012 (UTC)

I want to change the colours of the character count (number of added/removed characters) on the Recent Changes to lighter green and red. How to do that? Thanks in advance, [[User:Final_Cannon|<span style="font-family:segoe print">Final Cannon</span>]] [[User talk:Final_Cannon|<span style="font-family:arial black; background-color:#000080; color:#00CED1">Dyskusja</span>]] 16:42, July 30, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
<source lang="css">
  +
.mw-plusminus-pos {
  +
color:#color;
  +
}
  +
  +
.mw-plusminus-neg {
  +
  +
}
  +
</source>
  +
That should be the proper way, unless firebug is lying to me. If you need more help [[Message Wall:Jäzzi|message me]]. &ndash; [[User:Jäzzi|<span style="color:#6C00B0; font-weight:bold;">Jazzi</span>]] ([[User talk:Jäzzi|<span style="color:#6C00B0; font-weight:bold;">talk</span>]]) 16:50, July 30, 2012 (UTC)
  +
:Nope, nothing changed. [[User:Final_Cannon|<span style="font-family:segoe print">Final Cannon</span>]] [[User talk:Final_Cannon|<span style="font-family:arial black; background-color:#000080; color:#00CED1">Dyskusja</span>]] 16:58, July 30, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
::You may need to use a more specific selector to override the defaults. Also, Jazzi didn't mention it explictly, but I hope you noticed that where she wrote "#color" you were supposed to write your own color, not just copy/paste and expect it to work. Here's something else you can try:
  +
<syntaxhighlight lang="css" style="margin-left: 48px;">
  +
/* positive diffs: changes green to gold (use your own color) */
  +
  +
#mw-content-text .mw-plusminus-pos {
  +
color: gold;
  +
}
  +
  +
/* negative diffs: changes red to silver (use your own color) */
  +
  +
#mw-content-text .mw-plusminus-neg {
  +
color: silver;
  +
}
  +
</syntaxhighlight>
  +
::If you still need help, please provide a link to where you are trying this so we can see what you did and try to figure out what went wrong. {{User:Mathmagician/sig|17:09 UTC|Mon|30 July 2012}}
  +
:::The Jazzi method worked. It was just caching problem. Okay, thanks for help. And yes, I noticed that I need to change color :) [[User:Final_Cannon|<span style="font-family:segoe print">Final Cannon</span>]] [[User talk:Final_Cannon|<span style="font-family:arial black; background-color:#000080; color:#00CED1">Dyskusja</span>]] 17:15, July 30, 2012 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 18:36, 1 March 2013

This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help Recent Changes customization
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.

I want to change the colours of the character count (number of added/removed characters) on the Recent Changes to lighter green and red. How to do that? Thanks in advance, Final Cannon Dyskusja 16:42, July 30, 2012 (UTC)

.mw-plusminus-pos {
}

.mw-plusminus-neg {
}

That should be the proper way, unless firebug is lying to me. If you need more help message me. – Jazzi (talk) 16:50, July 30, 2012 (UTC)

Nope, nothing changed. Final Cannon Dyskusja 16:58, July 30, 2012 (UTC)
You may need to use a more specific selector to override the defaults. Also, Jazzi didn't mention it explictly, but I hope you noticed that where she wrote "#color" you were supposed to write your own color, not just copy/paste and expect it to work. Here's something else you can try:
/* positive diffs: changes green to gold (use your own color) */

#mw-content-text .mw-plusminus-pos {
    color: gold;    
}

/* negative diffs: changes red to silver (use your own color) */

#mw-content-text .mw-plusminus-neg {
    color: silver;    
}
If you still need help, please provide a link to where you are trying this so we can see what you did and try to figure out what went wrong. 20px_Rin_Tohsaka_Avatar.png Mathmagician ƒ(♫) 17:09 UTC, Mon, 30 July 2012
The Jazzi method worked. It was just caching problem. Okay, thanks for help. And yes, I noticed that I need to change color :) Final Cannon Dyskusja 17:15, July 30, 2012 (UTC)