Community Central
Community Central
This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help Search Bar isn't updating?
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.

Hey, on Beyblade Wiki, the search bar hasn't updated properly since around Christmas time. When a new article is created, the Search Bar will show it, but if a page need to be renamed (Which is quite often), the old name stays on the Search Bar and the new one isn't added. Same with if you delete a page, it'll continue to show it on the Search Bar and will lead to the empty page (With the deletion log). Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks. --Manaphy12342 20:00, April 18, 2012 (UTC)

Do you mean the drop down list of options from the search entry box? I'm not sure what the "Search Bar" is that you're talking about. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 18 Apr 2012 1:00 PM Pacific
This is an effect of the wiki's indexing. The articles are all there, and typing the information in will still find it, but the suggestions are based on the search index. In some cases this is automatically done on a regular basis (say, once a month), but most such re-indexing has to be run manually by the admins. -- Gousha 21:12, April 18, 2012 (UTC)
Ah, yeah, I did mean the Search Bar suggestions.
You meant Staff, not admins, right? Since, I have absolutely no idea how to re-index xD --Manaphy12342 21:44, April 18, 2012 (UTC)

Yeah, Gousha means Wikia Staff. Use Special:Contact/general from your wiki and request a re-index and mention your problem while you're at it. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 19 Apr 2012 2:07 PM Pacific