Community Central
Community Central
mNo edit summary
No edit summary
Line 4: Line 4:

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

I modified scrollbar look using <code>-webkit-scrollbar</code> script. But this is reserved for webkit browsers only. Thinking that most of people use IE for surfing, this settings would be rarely valid for my visitors. Isn't there any way to make it cross-browser compatible? I found some jQuery custom scrollbars on the internet but they contains too many unneeded functions that I'm afraid of installing them to my wiki. I'm wondering if there is anything simpler? {{User:Cafeinlove/Sig2|2012-05-13, 6:30 am(UTC+9)}}

I modified scrollbar look using <code>-webkit-scrollbar</code> script. But this is reserved for webkit browsers only. Thinking that most of people use IE for surfing, this settings would be rarely valid for my visitors. Isn't there any way to make it cross-browser compatible? I found some jQuery custom scrollbars on the internet but they contains too many unneeded functions that I'm afraid of installing them to my wiki. I'm wondering if there is anything simpler? {{User:Cafeinlove/Sig2|2012-05-13, 6:30 am(UTC+9)}}
  +
  +
:This is only for scrollboxes inside an article. For now I'm handeling it by class attribute (<code>.scrollbox::-webkit-scrollbar</code> etc.) I didn't mean to change the style in general of the scrollbars. (I'm saying this because I could sound not respecting any web conventions.) {{User:Cafeinlove/Sig2|2012-05-13, 7:15 am(UTC+9)}}

Maybe try <code>-o-scrollbar</code> for Opera browsers, <code>-moz-scrollbar</code> for Firefox, <code>-ms-scrollbar</code> for IE9+? — <span style="font-size:16px; font-family:Palatino Linotype Serif;">[[User:Subtank|<span style="color:#FF4F00;">subtank</span>]]&nbsp;<sup>([[User talk:Subtank|<span style="color:#ED9121; font-style:italic;">7alk</span>]])</sup></span> 22:08, May 12, 2012 (UTC)

Maybe try <code>-o-scrollbar</code> for Opera browsers, <code>-moz-scrollbar</code> for Firefox, <code>-ms-scrollbar</code> for IE9+? — <span style="font-size:16px; font-family:Palatino Linotype Serif;">[[User:Subtank|<span style="color:#FF4F00;">subtank</span>]]&nbsp;<sup>([[User talk:Subtank|<span style="color:#ED9121; font-style:italic;">7alk</span>]])</sup></span> 22:08, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
:I will go try that solution to see. Thanks for your advice. {{User:Cafeinlove/Sig2|2012-05-13, 7:15 am(UTC+9)}}

Revision as of 22:15, 12 May 2012

Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help Styling cross-browser scrollbar
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4359 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I modified scrollbar look using -webkit-scrollbar script. But this is reserved for webkit browsers only. Thinking that most of people use IE for surfing, this settings would be rarely valid for my visitors. Isn't there any way to make it cross-browser compatible? I found some jQuery custom scrollbars on the internet but they contains too many unneeded functions that I'm afraid of installing them to my wiki. I'm wondering if there is anything simpler?  Cafeinlove msg 2012-05-13, 6:30 am(UTC+9)

This is only for scrollboxes inside an article. For now I'm handeling it by class attribute (.scrollbox::-webkit-scrollbar etc.) I didn't mean to change the style in general of the scrollbars. (I'm saying this because I could sound not respecting any web conventions.)  Cafeinlove msg 2012-05-13, 7:15 am(UTC+9)

Maybe try -o-scrollbar for Opera browsers, -moz-scrollbar for Firefox, -ms-scrollbar for IE9+? — subtank (7alk) 22:08, May 12, 2012 (UTC)

I will go try that solution to see. Thanks for your advice.  Cafeinlove msg 2012-05-13, 7:15 am(UTC+9)