Community Central
Community Central
This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help Styling the main page tally number
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.

This is CSS 101 stuff, but for some reason I'm having no luck with it. I want to affect the style of the tally number and the accompanying MediaWiki:Oasis-total-articles-mainpage on tardis:Doctor Who Wiki, our main page.

But somehow I'm not getting the syntax right. I think the error is simply in the way I'm referring to the page. Which of the following will do the trick?

1. body.mainpage .wikinav2 .WikiaPageHeader > .tally { whatever }
  2. mainpage .wikinav2 .WikiaPageHeader > .tally { whatever }
  3. body.page-Doctor-Who-Wiki .wikinav2 .WikiaPageHeader > .tally { whatever }
  4. page-Doctor-Who-Wiki .wikinav2 .WikiaPageHeader > .tally { whatever }
  5. body.page-Doctor_Who_Wiki .wikinav2 .WikiaPageHeader > .tally { whatever }
  6. page-Doctor_Who_Wiki .wikinav2 .WikiaPageHeader > .tally { whatever }

Or is it something else altogether? I'm not getting much joy out of any of these. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help diagnose. czechout    fly tardis 21:39: Tue 25 Sep 2012

Have you tried:
body.mainpage .WikiaPageHeader > .tally span, body.mainpage .WikiaPageHeader > .tally em { whatever }
?
Both the the "em" and and "span" elements are using their own styles, so in order to modify them, you have to specify the selector more precisely. Sovq 15:02, September 26, 2012 (UTC)
Yep, that did the trick. Though I'm not quite getting how you found that particular selector, I thank you for letting me cross something else off my "to do" list. czechout    fly tardis 18:41: Thu 27 Sep 2012