Wikia

Community Central

Admin Forum:Table problems

Talk0
94,062pages on
this wiki

This Forum has been archived

Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help Table problems
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.

I'm trying to use a nested table to allow multiple collapsible sections here but I'm getting big gaps in my table. Is there any way of shrinking these gaps or even losing them altogether? Or can anyone else find an easier way of doing this?

Thanks

MTracey1 PSN/XBL: Mackem1985 {{SUBST:MTracey1Sig}} 04:14, May 31, 2012 (UTC)

Do you mean gaps like the one circled in orange on this image?

gaps.png

If so, your problem is the class wikitable which you have used in each table. The wikitable class is styled with default top, bottom and right margin widths of 1em. This margin is what causes the gap between tables. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 04:34, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
Yes, those are what I'm referring to. Is there a way to override this, or would I need to define a new table class? MTracey1 PSN/XBL: Mackem1985 {{SUBST:MTracey1Sig}} 04:41, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
Try "padding-top-10px" -- Sam Wang (talk) 04:53, May 31, 2012 (UTC)

(Reset indent) Thanks, but I'm not entirely sure where you want me to put "padding-top-10px". Does it go in the table, or in the Common.css file?

Problem solved. Putting margin: 0 0 0 0; within the "style" parameter of the table was enough to override the wikitable's default margins. Thanks for the help people. MTracey1 PSN/XBL: Mackem1985 {{SUBST:MTracey1Sig}} 05:16, May 31, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki