Community Central
Register
Community Central
This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions Templates using picture for backgrounds
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.

A fellow user on Megami Tensei Wiki was wondering if it is possible to use an image as the background for a template/table to be used on the wiki. But neither of us have seen a template that does something like this on other wikis. We were wondering if anyone knew whether or not it was possible? Message 18:25, June 11, 2012 (UTC)

That's actually fairly common. For instance, Dragon Age Wiki uses background images in its infoboxes (example), and so does the Fallout Wiki (example). To add a background image to a template, you need to edit the MediaWiki:Common.css or MediaWiki:Wikia.css on your wiki, and you need to understand how the background CSS property works. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 03:15, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
That might be our problem. Myself and the other admin on our wiki don't know how to mess with Mediawiki and our BC can be absent for long periods of time. X.x; The only people I think know how to use Mediawiki don't have admin access. Message 09:35, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
I'll figure something out. Thanks you two. -- Zahlzeit 15:34, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
I tried to play around with it to no avail. I also tried the code that Najevi posted here but is that outdated or something? -- Zahlzeit 18:13, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
Try following the tutorials in this forum topic: Forum:Is it possible to add background images to table cells? If you can't get your code to work, then post links to the page where you tried to use the background image and the MediaWiki page where you added the CSS code. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 20:36, June 13, 2012 (UTC)