Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I'm getting a few new users recently adding images that are not adding a copyright license to their image uploads and rather than type a individual message each time and for consistency i'm thinking of adding a template(s) like the UW series on wikipedia to use to warn them.
The question is can any of you suggest suitable examples to use or base one on from other Wikias that warn users clearly & explain how and why they need to add the license tag. I dont particularly want to get heavy handed and delete every image that is missing a license immediately, but encourage them to address the issues. Most of the images would be fine under 'fairuse' if they had a source back link. Images with clear copyright/watermark stamps if not from the brand/manufacturer featured in the image are deleted.
- Yes I could just use the basic WP/Commons ones but I'm for other options/suggestions to better address the issue.
-18:11, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Wookieepedia has a script in MediaWiki:Common.js that does not allow for the uploading of unlicensed or unsourced images. See also MediaWiki:Uploadtext. TK999 18:13, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi TK - Thanks I had a look at that code from another a forum or blog post comment/reply recently. Looked a bit complicated to me to sort out the localiseation to get it to work on for my wiki. Where would I place it to work on it just for my self to get it working ? I already have a big notice up like that but only if you use the special:upload option. which also preloads the Information template but it needs a few more changes to expand it to cope better with imported commons/wikipedia images to better categorise them for source and uploader.
- I was thinking with a std template msg I could (eventually) get AWB to stick it on the page of every user who had not licensed images they had uploaded recently rather than manually chasing them from recent changes/upload log list.
- - 22:03, March 11, 2012 (UTC)