Community Central
Community Central
m (typo)
(reply)
Line 8: Line 8:

The question is can any of you suggest suitable examples to use or base one on from other Wikias that warn users clearly & explain how and why they need to add the license tag. I dont particularly want to get heavy handed and delete every image that is missing a license immediately, but encourage them to address the issues. Most of the images would be fine under 'fairuse' if they had a source back link. Images with clear copyright/watermark stamps if not from the brand/manufacturer featured in the image are deleted.

The question is can any of you suggest suitable examples to use or base one on from other Wikias that warn users clearly & explain how and why they need to add the license tag. I dont particularly want to get heavy handed and delete every image that is missing a license immediately, but encourage them to address the issues. Most of the images would be fine under 'fairuse' if they had a source back link. Images with clear copyright/watermark stamps if not from the brand/manufacturer featured in the image are deleted.

:Yes I could just use the basic WP/Commons ones but i'm for other options/suggestions to better address the issue.
+
:Yes I could just use the basic WP/Commons ones but I'm for other options/suggestions to better address the issue.

- {{user:BulldozerD11/sig}} 18:11, March 11, 2012 (UTC)

- {{user:BulldozerD11/sig}} 18:11, March 11, 2012 (UTC)

: Wookieepedia has a script in [[w:c:starwars:mediaWiki:Common.js|MediaWiki:Common.js]] that does not allow for the uploading of unlicensed or unsourced images. See also [[w:c:starwars:MediaWiki:Uploadtext|MediaWiki:Uploadtext]].{{User:TK-999/sig2}} 18:13, March 11, 2012 (UTC)

: Wookieepedia has a script in [[w:c:starwars:mediaWiki:Common.js|MediaWiki:Common.js]] that does not allow for the uploading of unlicensed or unsourced images. See also [[w:c:starwars:MediaWiki:Uploadtext|MediaWiki:Uploadtext]].{{User:TK-999/sig2}} 18:13, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
::Hi TK - Thanks I had a look at that code from another a forum or blog post comment/reply recently. Looked a bit complicated to me to sort out the localiseation to get it to work on for my wiki. Where would I place it to work on it just for my self to get it working ? I already have a big notice up like that but only if you use the special:upload option. which also preloads the Information template but it needs a few more changes to expand it to cope better with imported commons/wikipedia images to better categorise them for source and uploader.
  +
  +
::I was thinking with a std template msg I could (eventually) get AWB to stick it on the page of every user who had not licensed images they had uploaded recently rather than manually chasing them from recent changes/upload log list.
  +
  +
::- {{user:BulldozerD11/sig}} 22:03, March 11, 2012 (UTC)

Revision as of 22:03, 11 March 2012

Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions Un licensed image upload warnings
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4422 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I'm getting a few new users recently adding images that are not adding a copyright license to their image uploads and rather than type a individual message each time and for consistency i'm thinking of adding a template(s) like the UW series on wikipedia to use to warn them.

Yes I could just use the basic WP/Commons ones but I'm for other options/suggestions to better address the issue.

-   BulldozerD11   talk    contribs    email   18:11, March 11, 2012 (UTC)

Wookieepedia has a script in MediaWiki:Common.js that does not allow for the uploading of unlicensed or unsourced images. See also MediaWiki:UploadtextTK999 18:13, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
Hi TK - Thanks I had a look at that code from another a forum or blog post comment/reply recently. Looked a bit complicated to me to sort out the localiseation to get it to work on for my wiki. Where would I place it to work on it just for my self to get it working ? I already have a big notice up like that but only if you use the special:upload option. which also preloads the Information template but it needs a few more changes to expand it to cope better with imported commons/wikipedia images to better categorise them for source and uploader.
I was thinking with a std template msg I could (eventually) get AWB to stick it on the page of every user who had not licensed images they had uploaded recently rather than manually chasing them from recent changes/upload log list.
-   BulldozerD11   talk    contribs    email   22:03, March 11, 2012 (UTC)